Drum & Bass Nucleoid (new here!) - Dance Planet

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Nucleoid, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Nucleoid

Nucleoid Nucleoid Drum & Bass

Hi guys I'm new here and I wanted to share my latest track. Feel free to post some constructive critisism or anything alike..

furthermore you can find more of my tracks by clicking on any of the links below.
    Cheers!

Q

2. Nucleoid

Uhm I dunno if it's normal to bump here, but.. ehh yea some feedback would be cool

3. bansal321

bansal321 Member

theres some good ideas here pal, but i think you need to really work on those drums.... theyre sounding flabby to me i cant really comment on much else since im only listening thru my mac speakers.... but yer try and get those drums sounding proper

4. W3st

W3st Unsigned DnB Producer

yeah just gave it a listen through my headphones, like the synth, its a little loud tho in the mix, just turn your whole synths out channel down a bit, and tighten up those drums. raise the high end on the snare eq, maybe layer more breaks. heavier compression too maybe?

good ideas here, song sounds good, just need some drum work.... (always the issue)

cheers

5. quentinhiatus

quentinhiatus Member

great ideas for sure, mix could use a bit of love but good job either way. you'll get there.

6. Heklur

Heklur New Member

.maybe around the 1.32, side chain a compressor and lower down the top end eq on the lead. Maybe sharpen the snare a bit more, sounds a little to hollo or tighten up the reverb... but to be honest, I dig the track, and mastering isn't overly my strong point. Cheers.
    openVision

7. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

needs a better mixdown just that. Too harsh synths here and there but it's all about that, checking levels on and on... just practicing ;)

good job, i like the ideas a lot btw... :)

8. Nucleoid

Thanks guys!
    I'll try n work on the drums, although I do not really understand what 'tightening drums' means.. :s
    As for the mix, in this case it was on purpose, since I was asked to make this track for a dance party ;) so the louder the better :D
    I appreciate yours time of helping me.

Cheers!

9. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Cool stuff, especially the halftime bit. Just listen with fresh ears, the drums sound like they're behind the synths, in the background. Loudness has nothing to do with Xmas you know.