Nucleoid - Into The Void (my masterpiece so far...)

Nucleoid

Nucleoid Drum & Bass
Introducing more Neurofunk... I went even deeper in the darkness this time, and I'm quite proud of my result this time <3

Please inform me what you think about it, give me some critisism, because I'm sending this one out to some labels..
May be I'll make a lastminute edit, if you have something small that you think should be fixed.

Thank you all for your time, if you check it out <3
With lots of love and affection,
Nucleoid.

might be cos im on headphones, but the sub/bass is drowning everything out a bit, bass work is sick, so is everything else, just mixdown doesnt sound bright enough... whih im guessing is due to the sub drowning the higher frequencies out, i will check back on monitors when i can

Well that could be, I have two versions, one of which I brought down the frequencies between 1k and 2.5k just a little, to smoothen the drop a bit. It does bring out the sub more indeed, though.
But it's personal preference I guess. Also, from my experience it matters a LOT where you play this song on, because on every speaker so far it sounded different. On the one it was better with the full mid-high freqs and on the other it was better with a little cut.

But yea, such flaws won't be heard live I guess ;)
Thanks for your feedback by the way!

Crazy tune mate :) But I agree with Evez, theres not enough high freqs coming trough. And I'm not that fond of the intro really maybe some FX and sweeps could turn thing more alive ^^ Great work on the bass, it's just nuts! :D

Yea I've come to realise the same. Luckily I do have a version with more highs on the drop. I was just listening to it too often, it got annoying so much white noise and hats! :p
Also I was listening it on ears, so maybe it's simply the speakers that make it sound cooler with the louder highs. I will definitely play the one with more highs at gigs though :)
Thanks for you guys in persuading me to believe that the high-cut version isn't at its full potential, I'll take it into account at live sets

needs a shit ton of work man!
?

It's all very top notch. Not listening on a proper system, sorry, so only gonna comment on one thing. The snare seems to change at 1:37. I like this snare more, it's shorter, less clanky, and seems to have more high freq snap.

Now, if you didn't plan that, it's happening because of the way different sounds are interacting. It's common for subbass to bring down the master limiter (or just plain clip) and alter the dynamics of other sounds. Anyway, look at getting a more consistent sound from your drums. I very much dislike the clanky snare (just taste). At least layer some snap on top of it (a clap even.)

All in all it's rather sick, I'd say. Good work. The main bass is nice and hollow in the mid-range and then you filll it in with other synths.

- J.P.

You have mighty good ears, but luckily it was intended this way ;)
I wanted a really killer snare on the drop, but not so much in the verse, so yea it changes. I took out some samples in the second snare and put some higher freq'ed ones in.
Personal preference indeed. (Reminded me of Noisia - Stigma > end of the second drop _ maybe even in the first)

Thanks for the comment :) It's also important what others think, in my next tune I'll get some more highs going on in the snare again!

I'll listen on another system when I get the chance. I actually just used that clanky snare sample for the first time yesterday (as I said, I don't like it...). I compressed THE HELL out of it to give it more attack, then distorted it, then compressed THE HELL out of it to give it more attack. It's tough to get the mother to thump while preventing the release from muddying everything up.

Well it wasn't just one sample.. I usually take between 5 and 10+ samples for my snare (eventhough I know this isn't always beneficial)..
Most of the times I EQ every snare in such a way that they don't collide / clash and then I EQ them all together again.
Also I never use distortion on my snares and I don't use one compressor on all samples, but one seperate for each.

Anyway I like this kind of snare, makes it feel clean and tight in my opinion. You shouldn't over-use it though, so that's why I changed the snare in the rest of the song :)

Back
Top Bottom