Nucleoid - Feeling Nervous [Neurofunk]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Nucleoid, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Nucleoid

Nucleoid Nucleoid Drum & Bass

Hey guys!

I've finished mixing and mastering my new song and I just wanted to share it with y'all! :)
    If you have time tell me what parts you liked or what not, so I can improve myself in my next songs.

Have a blast!
    Q

2. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Real cool track bro! I dig those stuttered synths but maybe theres some time you want to be free of them if you know what I mean. And It also feels like all the bass is in the kick and not so much in the basslines. But besides that, I think this sounds awesome. Keep it up! :)

3. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Woah dude!

Thats a rather heavy drop you have yourself there!

Quite a noisy tune, pretty cool one too :D

The glitches keep it pretty fresh. Maybe the kick could be upped a little :)

Gord work here, but not quite to my taste. :p

4. Nucleoid

Nucleoid Nucleoid Drum & Bass

Yea, I wanted a really filthy kickdrum in the drop, but I've noticed it really cost you your bassline :( It was terrible, whatever EQ I used they still clashed a little. So I simply accepted fate... ;)
    I've also thought about having the organ playing normally in the 2nd verse, but in the end I thought this came out quite well too, with the extra bassline. Guess it's just taste.

Well to be honest I don't really listen to music of this degree either, but for me it was a fun experiment. And utterly useful, cause I'm having a gig soon and there ought to be something with a lot of energy at the heat of the evening! :D

Thanks for the positive comments anyway; it's what keeps me going after all! :)

5. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Nice one mate :)

6. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Nice! You blew my head off at 1:17, and I mean that in a good way. I'm really diggin' the track's energy. Those glitched fill/breaks are a nice touch and really add some character to the track.

I really don't have any criticism...nice tune!!