nub help

n!b!ru_

Neurophunk Junkie
Ok I've been working on this and trying to perfect it:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/669252551c7b0359/

Note that this is my 2nd attempt on making a track, I think I might have problems with structure. I made a decent reese and I also found a nice sample. How would I go about on starting a lead synth, what kind of synths should I be looking for, and also how do I make the synth pattern to go in melody of the reese and drums?

Judging from this track, what main things do I need to work on? I hope you can help me out, and thanks for reading.

Ok I've been working on this and trying to perfect it:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/669252551c7b0359/

Note that this is my 2nd attempt on making a track, I think I might have problems with structure. I made a decent reese and I also found a nice sample. How would I go about on starting a lead synth, what kind of synths should I be looking for, and also how do I make the synth pattern to go in melody of the reese and drums?

Judging from this track, what main things do I need to work on? I hope you can help me out, and thanks for reading.

For a second attempt this is not that bad rly,
What kind of synth you should be looking for is all up to you.
To make the synth pattern to go in melody of the reese is easy, use the same notes:)
Judging from this track i would suggest you read all info what u can get ur hands on about Equing (EQ), coz its all muddy in ur clip. And the sound of reece is very raw, what i have learned that its not about the synth that generates the sound, but the plugins you process the sound with.
But for now, go read sum shit bout EQ, watch videos on youtube from other producers (search Production masterclass, computer music).
Hope that was sumkind helpfull couz im pretty messed up right now, i rly need to go to sleep, ez

get some vsts, Massive is preferred by most but is a bit complicated... Best bet would be to get a copy of Reason and just use maelstrom/thor to learn synths. Rob Papen's(spelling? at work can't check) Predator series is nice as well.

The reece sounds good though, nice ring mod to it. Watch some videos on side-chaining/ducking if you want the synth to flow with the drums.
I think by leed synth you mean a bassline? you got the synth down, that reece is good. Learn to resample it (nfc how this is done in FL...anyone? vst sampler maybe?) It's missing a good solid bassline though. Look for a Sine wave to start drop the octave a bit and throw it behind everything with some reverb or ducking.

But yea like dude said, eq'ing is crucial. It'll seperate the sounds in your mixing so you can clearly distinguish what is what. I think there's a good post by someone here with all the eq numbers, what hz you want to boost/cut etc...

Good job though on a second attempt, way f'in better then mine was back in the day lol

Back
Top Bottom