Nu Oriental

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
For those of you have noticed my signature, I've hooked up with 3 DJs from the Nanjing area here in China. Kai Wen, LinQ and Blest 1 have been DJing for a number of years, picking it up when they were studying abroad (one in Japan, the other two in the States) and mainly playing HipHop with tricks. Now there are a few DJs here in Nanjing but I hooked up with these three as they all can speak good english, and they seem to have a genuine interest in DnB. We've played a few nights together and the crowd seems to react well to the difference, so we've come together as Nu Oriental and we're in the middle planning some big nights to trying to attract more punters to the cause, so we can attract some of the bigger names and aid the global domination of DnB.
We're also messing around in production with a lot of collabs between the troops, mixing up the stylees and whatnot, and we're in the middle of two tracks, a triphop-style track and a DnB track with a few scratches on there for good measure. The website in under construction, for the site or stfu crew, so look out for that. And when we start pulling in some big crowds, I could also have some openings sorted for some of the DnBForum headz to play here, if they want to, the money's not brilliant but its a free holiday in a crazy country with loads of fine chinese birds, and they all love the laowai (chinese slang for foreigner), so I'll hit you up with more info when I get the spaces open.
I'll keep you updated on shit as it unfolds, watch this space. :who_wants

Last edited:
what a wicked thing to be doing Indi, a new idea in a new country. all the best. :applause: keep the fire burnin

Cheers guys. There's still a really long way to go though folks. There's a really small following here, mainly other dj's and their friends, and a few clubsharks, but the main problem is that it isn't popular enough yet for the bigger clubs to be booking us. Also, they are really fresh to the sound so I can't be dropping any Tech Itch or Pendulum (well maybe the liquidy shit, but defo not the heavy shit), I need to rely on vocal tracks and bouncy basslines, some liquid stuff you know, as I said before I dropped some Tech Itch and cleared the dancefloor. It really needs me to take my time and re-educate them, for once I've done that I can go wherever. It is to my advantage that I'm laowai (foreigner) as the kids go crazy for anything outside of China (HipHop has only been here for a few years, and you want to see how big its got already), so i know I'm catching their attention, I just need to lay it out and build it up properly for it to go further. Also, kids here aren't really used to the whole club culture thing, and they have no experience of expressing themselves through dancing to music, so I see it a massive pontential market for DnB, as (in my opinion anyway) DnB is all about selfexpression. I always think of Greg Packer when he went to Oz. I'm not hoping to blow up like Greg did, but it would be nice to play a part in the expansion and progession of something I really love and enjoy. And just think of the cultural influence on DnB that China could bring.

mesh said:
what a wicked thing to be doing Indi, a new idea in a new country. all the best. :applause: keep the fire burnin
:word:

Great stuff Indi (y)

I'd love to see some pics from parties!

No problemo boss, I'll keep you posted on progression, and will post some piccies of some parties shortly. Also I'm nearly finished on a track, so keep your ears clean for that.

Back
Top Bottom