Nu:Logic - Everlasting Days / We Live There ft. DRS VIP

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Ki-Asm, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Ki-Asm

Ki-Asm Member

[​IMG]

Today Hospital updated the shop with a new pre order. Everlasting Days / We Live There VIP.
    Defo grabbing this 12" as pre order, Everlasting Days was big and the VIP of We Live There has a mean bass!

Description:
    Having impressed D&B heads from across the scene with their searing debut album “What I’ve Always Waited For” in March this year, Nu:Logic a.k.a Dan and Matt Gresham, are back with another two tracks pressed on the finest vinyl. First up, ’Everlasting Days’ is a soulful garage inspired number, harking back to the haclyon days of the 90s with a catchy hook, lush vocals from Lifford and plenty of that Nu:Logic sparkle that we’ve come to expect from the Gresham brothers. This one is a guranteed charmer – truly uplifting, irresistably hands-in-the-air with that sing-a-long factor which makes it a firm favourite of all who hear it. A ubiquitous summer smasher. Accompanying this is a VIP of another gem from the album, the ever-popular ‘We Live There’ which brings in Mancunian vocal talent DRS for the growling, spoken swagger which dominates the track. Bringing together warm, rumbling bass with low-slung beats and compelling twisted, tech-y D&B rhythms, ‘We Live There’ (VIP) takes things on a deeper and darker tip than the original, showing yet another aspect of the expansive Nu:Logic sound.

https://www.hospitalrecords.com/sho...everlasting-days-feat-lifford/#tracks-NHS236T

Dannyboy93 and PMG like this.
  2. PMG

PMG Active Member

Diggin this!

3. OneSeventy

OneSeventy Mohican Sun

That VIP is badass! Listened to the preview yesterday and will be bagging this one.

4. Fluff

Fluff Active Member

I was wondering if Everlastimg Days was going to come out on vinyl. Good news!

5. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

Big release, Nu:logic seems to be the only producers smashing it on hospital recently IMO

6. Ki-Asm

Ki-Asm Member

yeah most certainly, they've been bringing a lot of crappy tunes (yeah kinda pointing at you Danny..) and more or less 'usa bangers' if you get what I mean.
    But honestly S.P.Y & Nu:Logic can't do anything wrong on the label. S.P.Y's tunes are always great (Love&Hate EP and the VIP!) and Nu:Logic was just pure gold.
    Their album was amazing and Everlasting Days is such a chill vibe tune, glad to hear they are eclectic in dnb subgenres (from liquid to that raw bassline in the new VIP).

Though I must say I enjoyed Metrik - Distant Shores and I'm patiently waiting for a new London Elek tune/album.

Dannyboy93 likes this.
  7. GN4rB0oTzz

GN4rB0oTzz Active Member

nice release! might actually buy something from hospital

8. fuuz3r

fuuz3r KRISTJAN V

holy hell. that vip is biiiig! don't care about the A side at all tho. defo gonna bag that wax wax.

9. danzilla

danzilla Active Member

I like the A side man, proper Summery vibes. The flip is decent n all, strong release

10. DjTiesticles

DjTiesticles Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be nice if Hospital stopped aiming their music at Radio 1 listeners/deaf people and released more stuff like this. Maybe then they would stop being seen as a joke label who are slowly destroying any legacy thayey

Ki-Asm and Dannyboy93 like this.
  11. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

Completly forgot SPY was on hospital haha he is an amazing producer

Ki-Asm likes this.
  12. Ki-Asm

Ki-Asm Member

I know right?! Weird to say but their sublabel Med School is actually better than Hospital now.

13. PerfiDnB

PerfiDnB Member

B Side is defo dope!!!