Drum & Bass Noz - November 2012

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by DJ_NoZ, Nov 20, 2012.

1. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

Easy all, I've been a bit quiet of late so here's a mix I recorded today. Really enjoyed doing this one, hopefully there's something for everyone in there. It's not perfect but I think I'm gonna be chasing perfection forever! Feedback welcome as always, enjoy!

Black Sun Empire & Noisia - Feed The Machine
    Audio - Point of No Return
    Cyantific - The Tomorrow People
    Nymfo & June Miller - Boshnoven
    Spor - Silver Spaceman
    Wickaman, Hoodlum & Mavrik - One Scratch
    >>>Andy C & Shimon - Nightflight
    Renegade - Late Night Flex
    Rockwell - Full Circle
    Harvest - The Call
    Calyx & Teebee - Elevate This Sound
    Audio - Leech
    Athys & Duster - Nemesis
    Zero T - Red Hand
    Black Sun Empire & Audio - Drizzle
    Mampi Swift - Gangster
    Wilkinson - Direction
    Loko - Bassline Secret
    Enei - Runnin'
    Calyx & Teebee - Skank​

2. skwiffer

skwiffer Active Member

Yes mate. Listening now. Are you and Bobbit out on Saturday?

3. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

Yeah man, gonna be in room 2 most of the night I think! I'm assuming that's where you'll be as well?

4. skwiffer

skwiffer Active Member

Ha! Yeah man. I may check out Andy C's set though. I missed him last time they did this night

5. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

Yeah, he's got 2 hours I think this time. Definitely gonna catch some of it, I saw him weekend before last in Bristol. He did 2 hours then as well, standardly killed it bar a few technical issues!

6. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

ahh mr noz, some nice darkness here :dutty:

7. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

Will get pon the download tomorrow noz!

8. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

Safe Castel, big up yo bad self! Hope you're all good geez!

Nice one man, I notice you've got a mix up as well, tracklist looks big. Will get on the download soon!

9. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

Been a long time Noz!

On eeeeeeeet

10. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

Ez Stu! Hope you enjoy mate!

11. wingz

wingz everyones fav austrian

I'll have some of this

12. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

Nice one man, hope you enjoy!

13. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

14. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

One last bump.

15. wingz

wingz everyones fav austrian

better late than never they say

nice intro, heavy doubledrop with point of no return, very neurofunky. really well eqd when they tomorrow people comes in, worked nicely, then into boshoven also quite nice, kinda felt they tomorrow people had a little bit too much on the highs (felt like they were fighting for space) but it was still executed well. silver spaceman! haven't heard that tune for ages, props for that. so far nice progression through the mix. the bleeps of silver spaceman poking nice through one scratch, nice bass switch there! haha that nightflight tease is classy, and the bass switches worked nice. nice transition back to one scratch. felt like you could've eq a bit more highs out of one scratch when renegade came in, i'm not into all this minimal jump up kinda thing but it worked nice. wow, full circle is working really well with that renegade tune, eq is top notch, they compliment each other quite well. not sure about that harvest tune, it's a matter of taste i guess :p. like how you brought elevate this sound in, those crashes from the harvest tune work really well with that. that uwüüü sound from the harvest tune compliments elevate this sound pretty well too, also theres not too much poking through. the transition was really nice too. then onto leech, i would've make it a full blend but it worked that way aswell, not sure about the bass switches. nemesis works really well with leech, guess this is my fav so far. nice bass switch there, on point. and another :D. DAMN, loving this mix with red hand, eqd very well and sounds nice. drizzle giving it some nice energy boost, yet again neat bass switches, you really like that don't you ;). that oi sound from red hand comes really well with it too. then onto gangster, sorry this tune is just not my cup of tea, think it took all the energy out, kinda. works nicely with direction though (vacuum cleaner massive :D). really nice eqing when bassline secret came in, when i tried mixing direction it always felt like it's too loud in the mix but you pulled it off nice n clean. the noises from bassline secret work really nice with runnin too, neat little tune. oh look there is skank coming in. nicely eqd again, the vocals sitting pretty nice underneath, and theres not too much of the mids or highs of runnin poking through.

all in all i enjoyed it man. some tunes aren't my cup of tea but we can't all like the same stuff do we ;)

DJ_NoZ likes this.
  16. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

Massive props to you man, really appreciate the detailed feedback! You're right, I do love the bass switch-ups! Always looking for mixes that I can put a little switch in, keeps things interesting :). Glad you enjoyed it overall, I'm gonna give your mix a listen now and try and return the favour, big ups!

17. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Yeahhh Noz just clocked this now! Very rare I appear in members mixes section these days. On it man :)

18. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

Safety Muzza, nice one!

19. Danny_Intro

Danny_Intro Well-Known Member

Intro was bangin, good to hear SilverSpaceman, it had been a while !
    Really liked the mix with Late night Flex >> Full Circle, that came out really well and i love when styles get mixed up, but the next mix just didnt work aswell personally, but still very interesting mix all the same, its different from the norm and i like that..
    Mixes either side of Elevate this Sound were good, bringin Audio in really stepped up the mix and i feel you kept that momentum then right up to the end of the mix which was bangin Gangsta >> Direction have a sick sound to it !! and Runnin near the end, i love that track, think it would of ended nicely there
    Big mix anyways ! will watch out for more

DJ_NoZ likes this.
  20. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

on it mr nozzle.