DnB Noz - November 2012

DJ_NoZ

Rum & Ass
VIP Junglist
Easy all, I've been a bit quiet of late so here's a mix I recorded today. Really enjoyed doing this one, hopefully there's something for everyone in there. It's not perfect but I think I'm gonna be chasing perfection forever! Feedback welcome as always, enjoy!

Black Sun Empire & Noisia - Feed The Machine
Audio - Point of No Return
Cyantific - The Tomorrow People
Nymfo & June Miller - Boshnoven
Spor - Silver Spaceman
Wickaman, Hoodlum & Mavrik - One Scratch
>>>Andy C & Shimon - Nightflight
Renegade - Late Night Flex
Rockwell - Full Circle
Harvest - The Call
Calyx & Teebee - Elevate This Sound
Audio - Leech
Athys & Duster - Nemesis
Zero T - Red Hand
Black Sun Empire & Audio - Drizzle
Mampi Swift - Gangster
Wilkinson - Direction
Loko - Bassline Secret
Enei - Runnin'
Calyx & Teebee - Skank​

Yeah man, gonna be in room 2 most of the night I think! I'm assuming that's where you'll be as well?

Yeah, he's got 2 hours I think this time. Definitely gonna catch some of it, I saw him weekend before last in Bristol. He did 2 hours then as well, standardly killed it bar a few technical issues!

better late than never they say

nice intro, heavy doubledrop with point of no return, very neurofunky. really well eqd when they tomorrow people comes in, worked nicely, then into boshoven also quite nice, kinda felt they tomorrow people had a little bit too much on the highs (felt like they were fighting for space) but it was still executed well. silver spaceman! haven't heard that tune for ages, props for that. so far nice progression through the mix. the bleeps of silver spaceman poking nice through one scratch, nice bass switch there! haha that nightflight tease is classy, and the bass switches worked nice. nice transition back to one scratch. felt like you could've eq a bit more highs out of one scratch when renegade came in, i'm not into all this minimal jump up kinda thing but it worked nice. wow, full circle is working really well with that renegade tune, eq is top notch, they compliment each other quite well. not sure about that harvest tune, it's a matter of taste i guess :P. like how you brought elevate this sound in, those crashes from the harvest tune work really well with that. that uwüüü sound from the harvest tune compliments elevate this sound pretty well too, also theres not too much poking through. the transition was really nice too. then onto leech, i would've make it a full blend but it worked that way aswell, not sure about the bass switches. nemesis works really well with leech, guess this is my fav so far. nice bass switch there, on point. and another :D. DAMN, loving this mix with red hand, eqd very well and sounds nice. drizzle giving it some nice energy boost, yet again neat bass switches, you really like that don't you ;). that oi sound from red hand comes really well with it too. then onto gangster, sorry this tune is just not my cup of tea, think it took all the energy out, kinda. works nicely with direction though (vacuum cleaner massive :D). really nice eqing when bassline secret came in, when i tried mixing direction it always felt like it's too loud in the mix but you pulled it off nice n clean. the noises from bassline secret work really nice with runnin too, neat little tune. oh look there is skank coming in. nicely eqd again, the vocals sitting pretty nice underneath, and theres not too much of the mids or highs of runnin poking through.

all in all i enjoyed it man. some tunes aren't my cup of tea but we can't all like the same stuff do we ;)

Massive props to you man, really appreciate the detailed feedback! You're right, I do love the bass switch-ups! Always looking for mixes that I can put a little switch in, keeps things interesting :). Glad you enjoyed it overall, I'm gonna give your mix a listen now and try and return the favour, big ups!

Intro was bangin, good to hear SilverSpaceman, it had been a while !
Really liked the mix with Late night Flex >> Full Circle, that came out really well and i love when styles get mixed up, but the next mix just didnt work aswell personally, but still very interesting mix all the same, its different from the norm and i like that..
Mixes either side of Elevate this Sound were good, bringin Audio in really stepped up the mix and i feel you kept that momentum then right up to the end of the mix which was bangin Gangsta >> Direction have a sick sound to it !! and Runnin near the end, i love that track, think it would of ended nicely there
Big mix anyways ! will watch out for more

Back
Top Bottom