now I tell you about this Netsky, Skrillex & Co...

Rajstah Vibe

soundcloud.com/rajstah
VIP Junglist
Unfortunately, my english is very poor and I can't fully explain myself.

What you guys see happening in this and other forums it's just a continuos turn over of paid trolls coming to open a brand new account with a new email everyday.
They just come to post some bulshit about Skrillex, Netsky and others (the business decide the name and change for which artist they want to be the more acclaimed at the moment)...
All what this does is to make you talk about this name, bad or good. That's vital to let a name grow in the business... everyone who's got an interest on purchasing music or producing tunes, they need to follow what the business says (rules).
This explaine why they ask constantly the same stupid things. They want to create a viral music style that can rapresent the product they are selling at the moment and putting theire artist as the mentor, top man.
In this case, Netsky.

If you look at who post this things, they always are new users with one or two posts... after they have collected some attention, they just disappear and come back, with a new account, after a week with a similar stupid question...
All of this it's like a pattern, it happened the same for Skrillex.

Until one day you get so frustrated only by read that name. So, at that point, they have reached the target: Fix in your brain that name and let you think that those people are the masters and you should follow what the business says.

I didn't study marketing, I'm not an expert, but it's scientifically proven that surreptitious advertising it works pretty well in human brain, in most country it's actually illegal
(and I'm sure that anyone working in business marketing can confirm this what I'm saying).

But in internet, nothing is anymore illegal nowadys, you just need to be adult, responsible and understand when someone is just scamming your net and prevent when someone it's trying to be persistent with non-sense threads, especially new users.
That's why they created the "rep" system... ;) (yes, I know, my rep it's quite low but still... :) )

Again the infamous "Cospiracy paranoid"?
May be...

But to me it make perfect sense!

Tomorrow I can start with a new user name and ask: "How to make this Rajstah bassline?"

Hmmmmmm not sure about that one. They do promote these big dudes as god, and then you get a whole lot of teenagers wanting the ego these dudes exude. They want to be the next internet superstar and try and achieve this through imitation. And there are thousands of these people. Thus the questions.

I don't think it's deliberate marketing (though, hot damn is it a good idea), but it definitely pushes those names up, I'd never heard the name Netsky before it started popping up on forums (same goes for every other cheeseball producer out there). I was going to, as a joke, make the How to make a Rajstah bass thread, but I like when the production section is clean and helpful lolz.

Yeah I don't think there's any conspiracy, but I understand your point and perhaps to some extent it does happen (I'd say it was more likely to happen in the regular dnb section though?).

I think most are just people new to the genre and coming in off the back of a more commercial artist. in some ways they are the new blood and we should welcome them, but it does get hard especially if the same stuff is asked again and again.

I'm looking forward to the viral Rajstah marketing though :D

I'm looking forward to the viral Rajstah marketing though :D
lol
no pls!

Let's do every week an "How to make ****** bass"

Once Dugg, once Cartel, then Lostnsound, Fletch, Spyre, Terpit, JHSE23, Jimpa, and so on... to don't forget to mention the infamous ALASKA!

Anybody know how to make that Psychoholic bass? I heard it the other day and all me m8's are raving about this raver, these basses are brutal and these beats are bangin. How do I make that Psychoholic bass?

I kinda feel embarrassed :/

I joined this forum because I saw it was very active and helpful.

I was producing some tunes and then a buddy of mine said : you should make that bass like in Rusko - Everyday (Netsky remix)
First I said no because it's not original but then I taught , what the hell let's try it, if I could i can tell myself I'm not bad at bass production. (I make a lot of liquid)

After days of experimenting I taught i was not choosing the right Osc's. So I post this thread to ask how netsky made this bass. I'm not trying to make it exact I just want to know how netsky starts his basses, because let's be honest, they are simple yet glorious.

Now I see this, I'm sorry :/

PS: you can check out my tunes here http://www.soundcloud.com/skyentistbe

Poll to denigrate this thread?

I kinda feel embarrassed :/

I was producing some tunes and then a buddy of mine said : you should make that bass like in Rusko - Everyday (Netsky remix)
First I said no because it's not original but then I taught , what the hell let's try it, if I could i can tell myself I'm not bad at bass production. (I make a lot of liquid)

After days of experimenting I taught i was not choosing the right Osc's. So I post this thread to ask how netsky made this bass. I'm not trying to make it exact I just want to know how netsky starts his basses, because let's be honest, they are simple yet glorious.

Now I see this, I'm sorry :/

Hey brosky, don't feel sorry!
If you are genuine, there's nothing to be ashamed.. All of us in here has a reference sound from other artistes.
Also me I'll be tempted on reproduce sounds I like the most but it doesn't come, just because I am not those artistes... every single person have a differente feeling and workflow.
That's why we always encourage on finding your own sound... But that shouldn't even be told.
Because your own sound is gonna come anyway! Even if you try to do that PSYCHOHOLIC bass sound, you'll ended up by doing something else, and the resoult can be bad or good, but it's your sound!

Sometime I feel that I love and I can never reach the sound that Noisia or Billian or Prolix have.. But that it doesn't mean that I want to replicate their sound. I just love the way it is and I listen to it carefully to get inspiration.
Then when I get into working on my synths or samples, I discover new sounds that I love as well... and those are mine.. unfortunatly, when you produce a tune, you listen thousand times to that bass, that drum, that pad, that lead... you just get tired of it and unable to work on it anymore, as you almost hate it.

Doesn't happen the same with a tune from Netsky or Spor or BSE, after listening to it a million of times?

I have friends that they come up to me by asking to listen to their new "shitty"(how they call it) works, and they are surprised when I say that their work is good... It just they think it is shit because they are tired of listening to it and they get too self-critical.

Right, here's the point, let's stop talking about this Netsky, depression in production, drunkness and conspiracy... Let's get back to production!
As you said,
So, welcome on board and don't get upset too much about users and arguments, we are all human, and some of us it's more freek than others, but that's how it is with creative people! Load of immagination! ;)
I hope this it help to sort out this embarassing situation.

Skyentist

=

Ist Netsky

tumblr_loqidn2G3p1qmfoslo1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom