novice producer in training.

Weapon7

producer in training
ive got an ibook, older generation but i was told it would do the job as long as i have enough memory & RAM.
i currently have the XO Wave sequencer & the Audacity Audio editor, now i know it would def be ideal to have Logic or Reason but i dont have the $ to throw down for it right now so im trying to work w/ what i got.
my question is would i be able to create some tunes on a lower level @ least to get my feet wet?
if so, anyone have any experiences w/ either XO Wave or Audacity?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated :monkey:

XO Wave is a digital audio workstation.
the thing is im running a mac osx leopard so not all software is compatible.

anyone know of site that lists compatible software for Mac?

No i dont know of any sites but Garageband is probably a good start as its definetely Mac compatible and I doubt its much due to it being so limited. One word of warning though, try not to get drawn into using pre-made loops because as many fl studio users know, they are instantly recognisable and it slowed me down alot in the long run as i wasted so much time using them.

There are some reaaallly cheap decent DAWs out there. Just google and soon you'll find something. You could also use a trial version of something that allows a save and just import free plugins there. You can get synths and plugin for free so don't buy those until you have the money for a decent one.

Back
Top Bottom