Notting Hill Carnival. Best Sound Systems?

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
What sound systems do you recomend people check out on Monday?

First time going to the carnival, want to make sure we hit the best sound systems.

Recomendations for food as well would be good?

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
deffo Sir Lloyd for the Digital Soundboy Soundsystem

and Channel One is my other favourite (the other end of the street to sir lloyd), but Ill probably be mocked for saying that.

Trojans good too.

And Aba Shanti

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
ABA SHANTI

IS

THE

BEST

/END THREAD

seriously... fuck all the rest. They're all full of cunts and shit soundsystems... ive been bare times and seriously... the only good one to be at is Aba Shanti.... I cannot stress how tough that system is.... and how good a vibe it is around there... anyone that goes to any other soundsystem know nothing about notting hill. FUCK ALL YOU NONE SHANTI ITES!!

Here let me give ytou the map for the carnival

Last edited:

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
Also.... the food near Aba Shanti is the best... proper carribean... not the shittyt Cumin' up bullshit...

And let me ask you this people....

Where do all the rastas go at notting hill???

YEAH THATS RIGHT!!! ABA FUKIN SHANTI!!! you know why?? cause its the fukin best............

herojuana

hairy kuala
VIP Junglist
My first time going and I am taking all my old housemates from uni. Not sure any of them have even heard of reggae so this could be interesting

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
Sunday is the kids day. There's more pushing on the Monday.

Also most of the violence happens at dusk. You going tooled up Rich?

They have raided and locked up known gangmembers etc in the last couple of days, those who were looking to war and rob people.....apparently this years gonna be the safest

@Moskit - dunno whether you just like to make controversial statements but what you said could be said for London in general, they aint going nowhere - deal with it

ONSLAUGHT88

VIP Junglist
@Moskit - dunno whether you just like to make controversial statements but what you said could be said for London in general, they aint going nowhere - deal with it
Lol if only you knew!

Well gutted that I have to go tomorrow, it's my mates birthday and he is working Monday so I couldn't say no!

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
Channel one is alright. DSB tends to get rammed full of cunts later in the day, as does the drum and bass one. Avoid that at all costs. and avoid some of the other shit ones like gaz rocking blues. Words cannot express how shit that is. In fact, go walk past it, just you so you can see its shit in its entirety. It's truly a shit sight to behold.
Rampage is fun for brief periods of time, but norman jays soundsystem is nice too

JHSE23

the yen
VIP Junglist
and avoid some of the other shit ones like gaz rocking blues. Words cannot express how shit that is. In fact, go walk past it, just you so you can see its shit in its entirety. It's truly a shit sight to behold.
Had a joke time walking through gazs last year. 500 plus people all stopped for a min cos some old man who lived opposite pulled down his window and was shouting and kicking off at the peeps. Then went back on louder and the old dude was a hero. not about the tunes though