Note Velocities in Ableton?

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
For some reason I cannot get my note velocities to work, in the piano roll, wherever you place the notes, there are little points underneath for the velocity of each note, but if I change them, they all still hit with the same impact? Do I have to activate something to get them working?

Dunno about ableton but most synths have a section where you can route velocity to a certain setting within the synth. You will probably have to do that depending on the synth you're using.

most Presets should already be setup for Velocity, if you are using your own, then you need to route it, in Operator, select the bottom Right hand section, with the Volume/Tone/Time control, that will bring up various routings (there are other ways aswell for more interesting things, search around for Vel options), in Sampler click the Midi tab, in Simpler the option for velocity is on the far right a % bar, says Vel, just under the volume, in Analog options for Velocity controls are found all around the interface in diffrent sections (eg Amp you can control Envelope with velocity)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom