Not what is used to be

this sounds like the noobiest question evar

Yea man, just record it like you would record a set onto your laptop. Get a headphone to headphone type cable, plug it in from the cassette player into the laptop and record through ableton / audacity etc.

By the way, looking at your sig:

a) who is ads?
b) what is a flare, and an orbit in djing? sounds outta this world. (lame i know)

Are these actual skills, because I want to sound like I am doing more then I am when djing as well...

south-park-gnomes.jpg

By the way, looking at your sig:

a) who is ads?
b) what is a flare, and an orbit in djing? sounds outta this world. (lame i know)

Are these actual skills, because I want to sound like I am doing more then I am when djing as well...

Flares and orbits are types of scratches regularly used by turntablists.

2 click flares, 3 click orbits etc etc

ive bin into drum n bass since the years of 96 and i personally fink that the peak years of the music was between 96-2004 where live recordings was released on tapepack providing more coverage from the nite as oppose to cd packs. also at present the mcing is not all that anymore aswell, the likes of eksman, dett and sometimes skiba no way near as good anymore. random mcs also jumpin on the mic and fukin up the set does make good lisening.

anyone share to provide their opinons.

There's more to dnb than tapepacks and some idiot MC jibba jabbering over songs. I would suggest listening to the minimal stuff being pushed in the last year or so but I fear there won't be enough burps, squelches, fart sounds and film samples to please you

There's more to dnb than tapepacks and some idiot MC jibba jabbering over songs. I would suggest listening to the minimal stuff being pushed in the last year or so but I fear there won't be enough burps, squelches, fart sounds and film samples to please you

Was there much of this back in the day?

bit harsh... there was some very very good music to come out back then.. more then just film samples and farts!

plus some of the minimal stuff is just as bad... I love a lot of it, data, rockwell, triad, sabre... but some of it is just a waterdrop sample altered and made into a kick drum etc.

Flares and orbits are types of scratches regularly used by turntablists.

2 click flares, 3 click orbits etc etc

I need to learn how to scratch man, watched a clip of AMC (think thats his name) and he almost made me want to give up djing...

Do any of you scratch at all? Any tips?

I need to learn how to scratch man, watched a clip of AMC (think thats his name) and he almost made me want to give up djing...

Do any of you scratch at all? Any tips?

I used to scratch until a few years ago. Learn the basics first....

Chirp - start with the fader open and pull the crossfader closed
Transform - Start with the fader closed and tap the fader onto your thumb with you finger

Once you get those down go on to learn Crabs, Flares, Orbits and Prisms. Go to youtube and look for any scratch tutorials on there. The Scratch Perverts have got some on there

Hope this helps....

Back
Top Bottom