Not ready yet, but i want some criticism

BLoodstaiN`

This song is far from ready but am i doing good
I started FL studio 9 Producer edition a few weeks ago
and i'm wondering is it any good
Should i carry on or should i drop the effort and go outside & play soccer?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll comment as I listen.

Kick needs more depth to it, as does the snare, both sound really thin with no energy, try layering a couple of different kicks and snares together. Synth is far too loud, nice melody but ear piercing, definately bring that down a few db.

Nice sub, but needs to be a little more powerful, can barely hear it under that synth lead.

I'd really try and focus on those drums, they're letting the track down in a huge way.

Also try and work on structure. Right now it just kinda starts and finishes, theres no change up of drum rythyms, no different synth melodies after a drop, or second drop etc. Try aiming a tune to be around 4 - 5 minutes long. 1 minute intro, 1 minute 1st drop, 1 minute breakdown, 1 minute 2nd drop and 1 minute outro. This isnt a rule, or probably a generic structure, but if you can work around something similar to this then you should find a little more structure to your tune. I think the basic rule of thumb is a 64 bar intro, but not too sure.

definatelt sounds like a fruity loops production thats for sure... infact i'm sure the 2nd or 3rd tune i ever made used the exact same samples?

and mr fletch basicly said it all above... structure that a lot of (jump up) producers use is 32bar intro 64bar 1st drop and then another 32bar break down followed by another 64bar 2nd drop and then maybe another 32bar for the outro

http://soundcloud.com/richie_stix/ras-project i think this tune i did follows roughly that structure?

I'll comment as I listen.

Kick needs more depth to it, as does the snare, both sound really thin with no energy, try layering a couple of different kicks and snares together. Synth is far too loud, nice melody but ear piercing, definately bring that down a few db.

Nice sub, but needs to be a little more powerful, can barely hear it under that synth lead.

I'd really try and focus on those drums, they're letting the track down in a huge way.

Also try and work on structure. Right now it just kinda starts and finishes, theres no change up of drum rythyms, no different synth melodies after a drop, or second drop etc. Try aiming a tune to be around 4 - 5 minutes long. 1 minute intro, 1 minute 1st drop, 1 minute breakdown, 1 minute 2nd drop and 1 minute outro. This isnt a rule, or probably a generic structure, but if you can work around something similar to this then you should find a little more structure to your tune. I think the basic rule of thumb is a 64 bar intro, but not too sure.
Didn't care much for the structure atm, just wanted comment on the Sound, i know how the structure works, but i really appreciate the comment on my drums,
still a few question, how do you exactly layer those drums in fruityloops, and what do you suggest.

ah, makes my comment look dumb assed then!

and layering up drums, simply add more! be it on a new track or new pattern or whatever...

ah, makes my comment look dumb assed then!

and layering up drums, simply add more! be it on a new track or new pattern or whatever...

i suck at getting more depth into my into my kick, it fucks up my song in total
any tips,
and yes i'm a noob at producing songs but it's my first, and this is in fact my first time trying to produce something in any way,
never worked with a synth before and such, so please be understading ;p

Last edited:
definatelt sounds like a fruity loops production thats for sure... infact i'm sure the 2nd or 3rd tune i ever made used the exact same samples?

and mr fletch basicly said it all above... structure that a lot of (jump up) producers use is 32bar intro 64bar 1st drop and then another 32bar break down followed by another 64bar 2nd drop and then maybe another 32bar for the outro

http://soundcloud.com/richie_stix/ras-project i think this tune i did follows roughly that structure?

well i took a few presets and edited them so i got the sound i like

Well if you have put a break in your track (a pre made drum loop sample) Simply put in some single hits of kicks and snares, and place them so they hit at the same times as the ones in your break. That, is initially how you would layer your kicks and snares

Back
Top Bottom