NOT ONE DRUM AND BASS DJ IN 10 NOMS AT MOBO

i think its time some dnb producers got a lookin at these big music awards . im not worried about the whole mainstream thing dnb hasnt been underground for a long time now.dnb isnt gonna get anymore mainstream than it is now. its always gonna be the underdog when it come to dance music . id like to see break get something for his efforts and calibre theres loads of producers that should get more credit than they do . dom and roland as well. tech itch too.

i say keep it DEEP underground...DONT want dem f**king up da ting AGAIN...so i think dats a good ting...let dem do wot their doing...we'll jus listen our tunes and nominate sh** via da drum & bass awards etc...keep it in house all da way...

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
i say keep it DEEP underground...DONT want dem f**king up da ting AGAIN...so i think dats a good ting...let dem do wot their doing...we'll jus listen our tunes and nominate sh** via da drum & bass awards etc...keep it in house all da way...
I don't listen to drum and bass to be different. I don't listen to drum and bass because my mates listen to house. I don't listen to drum and bass because I'm a musical snob. I don't feel better because I listen to an underground style of music. I listen to drum and bass because its excellent music with uplifting and educating qualities. I wish more people listened to drum and bass.

PS So do the producers.

PPS If being deep underground was a measure of excellence, then garage (dying, dying, dead) would be better than drum and bass.

Yes the MOBOs (Music of Black Origin) leave a lot genres/artist/performers out, Like for instant there is no category for Soca/calypso music and if we're talkin Music of Black Origin, I can't see how they can leave it out. basically if it's not rnb or garage (or an American) it's hard to get a look in.

mcsketcha

Sketchamus
VIP Junglist
I don't listen to drum and bass to be different. I don't listen to drum and bass because my mates listen to house. I don't listen to drum and bass because I'm a musical snob. I don't feel better because I listen to an underground style of music. I listen to drum and bass because its excellent music with uplifting and educating qualities. I wish more people listened to drum and bass.

PS So do the producers.

PPS If being deep underground was a measure of excellence, then garage (dying, dying, dead) would be better than drum and bass.
Couldn't have put it better myself, i completely agree, its all about the intelligent, uplfting vibes it creates.

:banana:

SIRUS

変なひと
VIP Junglist
couldn't give a flying fuck about these awards, or any awards for that matter...

it's just people patting each other on the back for no reason, load of chod!

Swan'e Style

Hollyoaks Bizness
VIP Junglist
I liked garage when they had suncity 2000 ad , and the early garage nation's in 2001/02
some of the tunes mikee B and jason kaye were playing were fucking cool as fuck ,it was like the jungle sound but with a slower funkier drumbeat , if you know what I mean thats the only reason I liked it