Not having enough money whinge..........

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dj_Fozzybear, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Dj_Fozzybear

Dj_Fozzybear Greenpiece Records

Hey all,
    Is anyone else getting really frustrated at the whole money thing?
    I mean it seems more and more that you can't do anything with out it...........
    I mean anything..........
    Go to the beach you have to park (and have petrol to get there)...........We went to Wales this weekend to the Brecon Waterfalls and had to pay to park there (one of the most remote and wilderness places in Britain!!!!)
    I mean don't get me wrong i don't want a flamin ferrari or a mansion in Kent but i would like to eat every now an then.
    After rent, bills, travel and living costs as well as costs for the Greenpiece i end up with enough for baked beans on toast for two weeks every month!!!
    Also i am a DJ who has not bought vinyl for two months and i am getting severe with drawl!!!!!
    Also i really need a mixing desk and a new soundcard to take my production further...................
    And i really really want to go out and support the scene (esp in Pompey) but can't afford that either..........
    anyways i won't rant anymore.............:mad:
    I just wish Educational jobs paid more ( i am a techy in a college)

2. Knmo_Elitist

Knmo_Elitist Boh bo BOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

I know how you feel man, I got out of the military and I'm waiting for the VA (Veterans Affairs) to make a decision on my disability claim and it's already been 7 months, and now it might be another 7 to 9 months before I might get any thing. And whil I wait my credit is going down the shitter, I'm forced to live back with my parents, I haven't bought a single bit of wax since November, my pc is slowly dying so I have to be really careful with my production... I really wish our society wasn't geared so much for the almighty dollar/pound/yen wtf ever.... man fuck money........

3. bbjohnson420

bbjohnson420 Member

I feel your pain.. I work 2 jobs. Have a wife that is currently unemployed. Two kids and a house..

4. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Being skint is shite. Especially when it takes 3 months to start getting paid your social security from day u registered...usuaful now for paying teh £100 fine from inland revenue for not telling them I was self employed in time...CUNTS

5. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

after my nice year stroll on the doll im back to work tomorrow. back to the shitty 10 hour days on the building site ..:rolleyes:

6. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Fozzy - sorry to hear it mate, can't you look for the next level of job up from where you are (server admin or similar)? Or will your college pay for training - usually a good route if they won't pay you more?

7. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

tell me about it...

quit my job just over a week ago. i simply could not take being treated like a mug for a day longer.

now i'm on the jobhunt, but i've got fuck all money behind me, so i need to find something quick. did i make a stupid decision? probably. but hey, that's life.

8. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Why did you quit? If you don't mind me asking :)

9. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

I live in one of the most boring places in canada, and i feel it too man. Not only is it boring but everyone here is grossly underpaid. I want to leave here to find somewhere better but it is so hard to save up cash when you are so underpaid to begin with.

I recently left work due to an illness that is awaiting surgery (thank god). I am technically on Employment Insurnace (government supllied) since i finished work at the begining of May, but here i am still waiting for my first check. Of course the check is retroactive, but realistically i have been sitting on my couch doing absolutely nothing, letting my girlfriend pay for everything (this is a shamefull position to be in, i really cant wait to be back together and taking care of myself)

10. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

would you work stupid hours of the day for £4.50 per hour? the hours being so long and stupid that it has an effect on your relationship with your family and partner? and to top it off, your boss pretends to be your friend when it suits her, because this makes it SOOO much harder for you to refuse to work/get angry/stand up for yourself.

fucking MUG, i tell you.

i'm not proud of the fact that i now don't have a job, but i AM looking, and i'm happier already. so i THINK i did the right thing.

11. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Only thing you can do is bite your lip and try to remedy the situation by improving yourself. Everyone has been there mate (y)

12. Dj_Fozzybear

Problem is i am a film technician and i am actually the top of the chain in the film dept but the pay scale for my level is crap.
    The IT are well paid but they do so much more work and have a lot more reponsibilty so i still think they deserve more as well.
    They are gonna pay for me to train in more detailed areas of film production but not for a year.

Strike............Strike..............Strike!!!

13. Dj_Fozzybear

Mate that is harsh stuff indeed, nuff love out to you man.
    Hope ya get better and get that check soon.
    And when it does..........a big slap up meal for the missus!!!!
    Chin up man
    :rasta:

14. Dj_Fozzybear

Yeah you did the right thing fo sho!!!
    Sounds like you escaped before assimilation with the mother ship!!!
    And work should not affect who you are and how you feel...................but it does!!!!

15. Dj_Fozzybear

Those are some wise words from the Indi!!!!
    Philosophical to the end!!!!
    Getting all far eastern and proverb like!!!!
    :teeth:

16. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

It happens occasionally :teeth:

17. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Just try and take it ez.

I've had monied times and (rather more) skint times, I can get by without that much money and am careful with it when I have any.

It's also fun seeing just what you can get off ebay for £10...

What gets me is when money gets in the way of going out and doing social things. I haven't that much money, but the lack of a job troubles me more.

I've been looking for jobs for months since finishing my degree...It's shite out there!

18. Dj_Fozzybear

Precisely my man, i fell sooooo detatched from the social scene as i never have enough money to go out an see gigs, events etc and therefore i never meet anyone
    My studio computer is my only saviour as i can immerse my self in making music and it costs nothing (now we have finally built it all properly which did cost money!!)

AAAAAAGGGGHHHH MONEY..........MONEY!!!!:end_of_wo

19. Knmo_Elitist

Knmo_Elitist Boh bo BOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

odd thats basically where I'm sitting while waiting for my disability pay to start, of course it's retroactive (for me it goes back to December) but I shouldn't have to wait almost an entire year after getting out of the military to get compensation for injuries I sustained while I was in the military...

20. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

money sucks. I kindly lent my mate a ton so he could pay off another mate then my car busted up last week and i had to pay out £130 for that and this is out of money that i'm saving for my technic deck (i have one technic and one sony atm) whats even worse is that its father's day and my dad's bday this week. agreed with you Fozzy B, Being skint sucks !!! ARRGGH! (proceeds to rip out hair)