DnB not even sure were to go next..

I like that you made your beat yourself, mate! Also, the atmosphere in the last part of the song is really nice. I liked that weird tuned bass ^^ Though maybe that part could be the first 'main part' and the you could have a dropdown to some pads, or something like that, build it up to a climax where you introduce a lead sound reaching higher/brighter notes than all your atmos pads and sounds.
That's my critically judgement; you should work on composition/arrangement.
I liked the beat, but keep in mind that the "standard" feel to a dnb beat is 'Bom-Ka-Tik-a-Tik-a-Bom-Ka. Bom being kick, ka being snare, tik being hit or other, a being snare or other. The tik-a-tik-a is what I call a fill. Keep in mind that making a fill on a computer is hard if you don't have the right drum plugin as, for example, Vengeance samples doesn't respond to velocity other in the way that they decrease or increase in volume. On a real drumset you would hit looser, giving the snare a totally different sound, and maybe also hit it with a double; trik-a-trik-a ^^ Don't know if you understand this, but my point is; work on your fill in your beat. Try using more samples to make it talk some more. Master each sound just a bit more, and then you master it even more ^^ Tweak things to be your way.

Gj, mate! :)

Mustard

I liked that weird tuned bass ^^

I liked the beat, but keep in mind that the "standard" feel to a dnb beat is 'Bom-Ka-Tik-a-Tik-a-Bom-Ka. Bom being kick, ka being snare, tik being hit or other, a being snare or other. The tik-a-tik-a is what I call a fill.
Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah I know what you mean with the "standard fill" but I was digging the feel of the extra percussion fill. Sometimes I think I add to much, so I try to keep it simple. Thanks for the criticism. :)

Really liking this actually! Real nice organic feel to the drums very Bukem esc. Don't really have any complaints maybe add another a little bongo solo somewhere that could sound cool. Saaafe

Just a quick response to Rubens post.... The vengeance samples DO respond to velocity, as do any other sample!

As for the track, I can't listen right now as I'm away from my pc, but will take a listen as soon as I'm back home!

Back
Top Bottom