Not being able to make Music when you want to really, really sucks....

Neural Tech

Nuskool
VIP Junglist
Hi all... I'm simply venting out loud this morning. My machine quit booting up last Sunday and I haven't been able to work on my music all week. I've got a tune that I'm 'this' close to being done rendering parts for. I was going to make some special FX hits/stuff on Sunday... get 'em rendered and be ready to start Sequencing on Monday, but my machine won't post properly = no Windows bootup/etc.

I have to wait until this next Monday before a friend can take a look at it. He's thinking my Hard Drives might be in question. I hope not because I don't have that machine backed up. I have all of my finished Tracks backed up but 'nothing' else is backed up. A decade and about 100 GBs of samples/organizing/etc later and I still never backed my machine up.

I know... if my Drives are dead I've got no one to blame by myself. At this point, I'm not looking for anything other than the sympanthy of my fellow Noise Makers.

I tell you what though... if it turns out there's nothing wrong with my drives, then I'm definitely going to wisen up and get my stuff backed up. My buddy has been egging me on for years to get on the ball and get everything backed up but I didn't listen.

So, here's to being organized:towelie:
I hope everyone has a great weekend... enjoy making your noises!!

Ouch sounds pretty painful, but if it's your hard drive it doesn't always need to be gone,
My last computer crashed a million times, my hard drive did, but my files were still there when i got my pc back from the Pc-restore shop

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

could also be static electricity, the solution is pretty silly. deconstruct your pc, and put it back together, and it'll work again. don't know what it is in your case though :mad:

Even if your hard drives are fooked, theres a good chance you can recover most if not all of your data.

yeah, i back up to two external drives EVERY DAY. now if you end up learning your lesson the hard way, don't give up. take your drive to a data forensics company and they can probably get your sounds back.

you have my sympathy, but only for the potential losses. the cause is your own fault, like you said. good luck to you bro.

Thanks for the supports, fellas... I appreciate it. I'm taking my machine over to my friends place tonight after work... he's gonna take both my drives out and see what happens when he puts in a drive of his own (to see if he can get it to boot up with that). We'll go from there.

My fingers are crossed that it's something simple. I played a lot of Fallout 3 on my P3 last week/weekend which was fun... but I've had my track on the brain since that fateful Sunday a week ago.

If all goes well and my HDs are fine.. I will be purchasing a pair of Half Terra USB drives for B/U purposes. They're so cheap I have zero excuse to get backed up.

Again... thanks, guys. It's nice being around people that understand my situation.

I need to disassemble my computer and take it to New Zealand with me soon when I drag my family back home. I need to start thinking about back-ups and other stuff I can't be bothered with. Aarrrgghhh! either way.

*fingers crossed* :)

Thank you sir.

I need to disassemble my computer and take it to New Zealand with me soon when I drag my family back home. I need to start thinking about back-ups and other stuff I can't be bothered with. Aarrrgghhh! either way.

Yeah... you and me both. Hopefully my drives are fine and I'll be able to get them properly backed up and put this whole thing behind me.

My buddy has been busy this week so I 'still' haven't been able to mess with this. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow.... will definitely keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the support, fellas!

I'm here for the easy "thanks"

But nahh, man I feel for you. at times like those, I have a notepad and I write down ideas I have, and I just try to get as many ideas down as i can and once one comes another follows and then you can come back to it with previous ideas all set.

I'm here for the easy "thanks"

But nahh, man I feel for you. at times like those, I have a notepad and I write down ideas I have, and I just try to get as many ideas down as i can and once one comes another follows and then you can come back to it with previous ideas all set.

the irony is, nobody is thanking you :teeth:

Hey mate what's up? did you get your data back? Did you solved your problem?

It happened to me 2years ago, i lost some good stuff on which i was working on. I was beginning but even now i'm fed up about this story.

I'm definitely with you.
Hope you the best.

Hey mate what's up? did you get your data back? Did you solved your problem?

It happened to me 2years ago, i lost some good stuff on which i was working on. I was beginning but even now i'm fed up about this story.

I'm definitely with you.
Hope you the best.

Guys... I still haven't gotten this taken care of. My buddy has been too busy to help and I recently went out of town (just got back). I'll let you guys know as soon as I'm back up and running (and what the results are)!

thks for the support, fellas
: )))

:tosser: It was my Motherboard battery :boobies:

I got this fixed about two months ago, and since it'd been so long since I had a chance to produce, the only thing I've done with my machine was backup my HDs and have multiple scratch sessions.

I haven't been into making music for so long that even though I'm back up and running, I'm not currently taking advantage of having my machine running again. The bug will hit me any month now I'm sure :cool:

I've been too busy with work since February, combined with my Game Collecting. Music will come when it's natural and I will for sure share my noise with my fellow noize makers.

Thanks everyone for your support... I really appreciated it.

Back
Top Bottom