Nostalgia Perfect Lie (IV4 Remix)

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
FYI I haven't heard the original tune.

Could do with a riser leading into the mini-breakdown at about 1:26, right now it's just elements going away, would be more effective if you build expectations a little more, just a reversed crash or something that builds up to it, then instead of a buildup the elements drop out. I've got a bit of a cold, so I may be rambling.
The FX hats are a little loud in my opinion.
That reversed snare (i guess) comes in a bit too frequently, mess around with expectations, change and repetition.
Not quite my cuppa, but everything sounds pretty tight, sounds like you're making a lot of tunes nowadays!

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
FYI I haven't heard the original tune.

Could do with a riser leading into the mini-breakdown at about 1:26, right now it's just elements going away, would be more effective if you build expectations a little more, just a reversed crash or something that builds up to it, then instead of a buildup the elements drop out. I've got a bit of a cold, so I may be rambling.
The FX hats are a little loud in my opinion.
That reversed snare (i guess) comes in a bit too frequently, mess around with expectations, change and repetition.
Not quite my cuppa, but everything sounds pretty tight, sounds like you're making a lot of tunes nowadays!
I definitely considered the fx risers and down riser? I could not make them work. Not enough skill yet and now that you mentioned it the reverse snare is driving me crazy. Thank you!

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
I think risers are tricky too, I never seem to get them right when I make them myself, so I stick to filtered white noise and reverse crashes a lot.

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
The trumpet sounds at 1:04 onwards sound a bit lost to me.
At 1:52 the bass is a bit overpowering the whole track, the piano is a bit lost as well.

Overall, it sounds vibes and it has a good mixture of elements, it only the slight nitty gritty of the mixdown that is a problem. Despite this, it is still a very good remix :)

horace111

My name is Jago (HYQXYZ)
Really like the intro , builds proper anticipation on the drop , great work on that :D
The drop answered my anticipation but I would've went with another snare sample, this one sounds a bit flappy and noisy and takes away from the snappy break you got going imo :)
I'd maybe also try to pull apart the drum sounds a bit more by eq'ing , try to really seperate those cymbal sounds by hi passing them so the rest of your instrumentation has more room to breathe, it's a bit overpowering now imo.
Overall good work, enjoyed the whole of it , keep it up!