Norwax - January 2013 Promo Mix

Norwax

VIP Junglist
qqsvub.jpg

Here it is guys! My latest promo mix! Nothing better than the users on this forum to give me some feedback, so, fire at will!

1jx37q.jpg

I know you guys know how to give feedback, so I'm expecting some good one :)

Easy

Norwax.

Last edited:
There's an artwork on the topic with the tracklist. In case you can't see it:

Calyx & Teebee - Pure Gold (feat. Kemo)
>>Misanthrop - Amboss
Mefjus - Distantia
Phace - Strange Science
DRS - Count To Ten (feat Enei)
Icicle - Minimal Funk
SPY - Infiltrate
Enei - Centrifuge
Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint
Optiv & BTK - Whatever (Mefjus Remix)
Chroma - Acetate
Enei - Cracker VIP (Feat. Eastcolours & Noel)
Icicle - Timer
S.P.Y & Kasra - Surface VIP
Kasra & Enei - So Real (Mefjus Remix)
Mindscape - Gene Labs
Black Sun Empire & Audio - Drizzle
Enei - the Moment (Feat. DRS)
DBR UK & Overlook - Stasis
Enei - Runnin (Feat. Georgia Yates)
Bonus Track

There's an artwork on the topic with the tracklist. In case you can't see it:

Calyx & Teebee - Pure Gold (feat. Kemo)
>>Misanthrop - Amboss
Mefjus - Distantia
Phace - Strange Science
DRS - Count To Ten (feat Enei)
Icicle - Minimal Funk
SPY - Infiltrate
Enei - Centrifuge
Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint
Optiv & BTK - Whatever (Mefjus Remix)
Chroma - Acetate
Enei - Cracker VIP (Feat. Eastcolours & Noel)
Icicle - Timer
Kasra & Enei - So Real (Mefjus Remix)
Mindscape - Gene Labs
Black Sun Empire & Audio - Drizzle
Enei - the Moment (Feat. DRS)
DBR UK & Overlook - Stasis
Enei - Runnin (Feat. Georgia Yates)
Bonus Track

All pics are stripped when i go on at work, i had a brief gander at the tracklist on my phone though :P.

Sweet for that though, tl looks huge mate. Will deff check when i get back from the office.

Both Infectious funk mixes are raw. Sick mix mate. Only thing id say is next mix try and keep it rolling, not so many breaks between drops. It built atmosphere but also kinda killed the flow a little if you know what i mean? Last track was nice, i like it when people throw a pretty "random" tune in.

I remember way back at hospitality @ brixton b-complex closed his set with Bob Marley - Jamming, whole place was vibes.

What setup you got going on?

Don't you mean "Minimal Funk"? :lol:

Thanks for the feedback, I will keep that in mind for my next one (wich will probably be in 3 decks, we will see!)

Glad you liked the last tune. It's Major Crimes & Unicorns by Galimatias.

Got 2 Cdj's 800 and a DJM 400.

Don't you mean "Minimal Funk"? :lol:

Thanks for the feedback, I will keep that in mind for my next one (wich will probably be in 3 decks, we will see!)

Glad you liked the last tune. It's Major Crimes & Unicorns by Galimatias.

Got 2 Cdj's 800 and a DJM 400.

Haha, too many funks mate lol.

Listened to this earlier top work man first mix of your i've caught. big intro nice selection felt the pace dropped off second half but still sick stuff. will keep eyes open for the next instalment.

Listened to this earlier top work man first mix of your i've caught. big intro nice selection felt the pace dropped off second half but still sick stuff. will keep eyes open for the next instalment.

Cheers mate, glad you liked it. I'm waiting for a few releases until my next one now, will probably be out in February first week. I'm playing with Commix February 1st and I will see if I manage to record it. I will post it here if I do.

Thanks for the reply!

Here we go then Norwax.

Flavours of I Want To Get High in the epic intro. Pure Gold worked a treat with Amboss, the aggy bass with a Roni Size tinge over the top / underneath. The switch to back in the mix was sharp. Pure Gold - Distantia was also along the same lines & completely contrasted Pure Gold again. Loved the double bounce in the second half of Distantia after the drop. More energetic neuro tastes with Strange Science really vibing off Distantia & intertwining the basslines in & out of both tunes in the mix. Count To Ten rolled well off the back of Strange Science, in there swiftly off the back of the last tune. The breakdown in Count To Ten really sets up Minimal Funk, especially when a little of the intro to Minimal Funk peaks into the mix. Minimal Funk - Infiltrate was an incredible blend, like Infiltrate was produced to sit next to Minimal Funk just waiting for someone to discover that they go SO well together, with both filthy basslines talking to each other with a similar structure. Favourite mix so far :) & enjoyed the little ticky ticky bits of the SPY tune rolling along in there too. Not heard Infiltrate since the album surfaced which was a very pleasing second listen. Centrifuge kept the energetic flow coming in strong, with a mild underlying swing step pushing through. Mmm, I hear Underprint, quite a complex build up with the swinging rhythm of Centrifuge, but when it dropped, the neuro hook of Underprint twisted up the electric wobble of Centrifuge nicely. Must start playing Underprint more. Whatever rmx felt like it was naturally going to go with Underprint & it did. Third mix that I have listened to in a row with Whatever rmx in it. Heads on here really like that tune / like Mefjus.

Loved hearing Acetate for the first time in a mix & prefer it to the flip personally + vibes of Program in there. Sat well with Whatever rmx too. Cracker vip came in out of nowhere, complimenting the drum structure of Acetate a treat. Choice selection. Timer was also a wicked mix with Cracker vip. Another of my fav Icicle tunes of recent years working well where it is with Cracker vip. Vocal clash in there, but the Cracker vip vocal outweighed the Timer vocal & didn't sound bad. The droning filth of Surface vip flowed with the bounce of Timer. So Real vip flowed with the vibe of Surface vip. Not heard Gene Labs before, but brought back some nuero energy that was key in the first 15 mins of the mix & not heard Drizzle before either which was also pretty aggy. The nightmare-ish breakdown of Drizzle building a platform for The Moment as the vocals of the latter start to build. The double bounce affair that Stasis brought to the Moment was in the same vein as what Jubei brought the his rmx of Cracker, almost thought it was part of the tune from the second drop & twisted up The Moment into something slightly different. Second fav mix. Summery Runnin vibes flowed nicely off the back of the steppy Stasis, winding the mix down for the bonus tune. Not sure what it was but sounded like an instrumental of Jamiroquai's Vitrual Insanity with different vocals.

The mix was a great listen right the way through. I was feeling the selection in the tracklist & where tunes had been place together so that they complimented each other. A few separate seconds where the mixes were running slightly, but no blips. Didn't feel like the energy eased off in the second half of your mix, as mentioned by bn14. A very pleasing mix man!

got given the heads up on this mix by Mr Watcha. Wasn't disappointed.

Certainly a standout section for me was

Chroma - Acetate
Enei & Mefjus - Crawlers
Icicle - Timer

Spot on really couldnt fault the above one bit.
No massively noticeable beatmatching errors throughout & really thought you kept the energy levels good throughout except the last tune, just wasnt really for me that bonus track but hey ho.

All in all pretty good Norwax, can't remember if I've checked one of yours before but will definitely peep your next. big up.

@Watcha: Wow, thanks for the review! You have no idea how good it feels to read a review like yours to my mix, feels like it worth the effort I put in it :)
About the last tune, It's called Major Crimes & Unicorns, by Galimatias. And yes, it sounds like Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai at the beggining with the piano.
Cheers for the reply, really appreciate it :)

@stusmith: Glad you like it mate :)
Oh, and it's Cracker VIP, not crawlers!

Stay tuned for the next one, will probably come out in February's first week. Like I said before, I'm playing after Commix and Dimmension here in Portugal and I will see if I manage to record my set. I will post it here if I'm able to do so.

Thanks for the replies guys, cheers! :)

Back
Top Bottom