Normalising volume

that_fred_guy

Just a quick question

even when I buy 320s from the same online stores, there's still differences in volume between tracks. (eg. Act Like You Know is v. loud)

Does anyone use any software to normalise the volume when they burn to CD? And does it work?

thanks

Everytime I buy/get sent an mp3 from anywhere I always import it into Adobe Audition and have a looks at the waveform. Some are that quiet that you have to boost the signal by 6dB. Its a must if you don't want your levels all over the place when you do a mix.

Vinyls aren't all at the same volume and neither are cds.
I use mp3gain to put all my mp3s at 95db which is a pretty decent volume and still avoids clipping. Just use your ear/levels on your mixer to match the rest of your vinyls and cds. I usually write 'lo gain' or 'hi gain' on some tracks to remind me to adjust the gain if the track is particularly loud or quiet.

Why dont you just listen to the mix and see whats quieter?

Or check the levels?

Because if I want to mix a song in quickly, I don't wanna be worrying about the volume.

Thanks for the MP3gain link! Looks perfect. Thanks for the advice too, I'll take your word and put them all to 95db

Or check the levels?

Or check the levels?

Or check the levels?

Or check the levels?

Or check the levels?

Or check the levels?

Or check the levels?

Or check the levels?

Or check the levels?

THIS^^^^^

when i want to mix a song in quickly i know before i pick it up if it's quiter or louder than the previous one because i've done my homework and listened to my tunes............

jeeeeeeeeeeeez.

LOL well seeing as I already know the levels of all my old tunes this is only applicable to to new stuff, or people who use Serato. Anyways why make life harder for yourself when you can get the levels sorted in an instant?? I use all tools at my despense, anything to make the job easier is a no-brainer to me!!??

yeah i agree with riisu tbh, but im gna go put all my quiet mp3s thru that, cuz even tho i know a certain tune is really quiet doesnt mean i'll remember to boost the gain on the channel

or even worse

forget to lower to gain when u change to another mp3 that isnt quiet!

yeah i agree with riisu tbh, but im gna go put all my quiet mp3s thru that, cuz even tho i know a certain tune is really quiet doesnt mean i'll remember to boost the gain on the channel

or even worse

forget to lower to gain when u change to another mp3 that isnt quiet!

i fucking hate this!

Bloody High Roller with his loud drops!!!!

LOL well seeing as I already know the levels of all my old tunes this is only applicable to to new stuff, or people who use Serato. Anyways why make life harder for yourself when you can get the levels sorted in an instant?? I use all tools at my despense, anything to make the job easier is a no-brainer to me!!??

nah, i'm with you on that mate. totally agree.
if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail!

but still. not that hard to remember some tunes are louder/quiter than each other really.

It is when you have over 500 tunes on cd, you just can't remember all of them. I'm considering gettin Serato as i'm not good for spending money on vinyl anymore seeing almost 100% of my mates don't have a pairof cdjs so this program would be perfect. Seeing as it modifies the original files. (y)

Agree with russla.

Beatmatching, cueing, selection, melodic mixing and all that are the fun bits of DJing - not adjusting gain. I don't see why mp3s should be different volumes anyway, so it makes complete sense to me to fix it.

i fucking hate this!

Bloody High Roller with his loud drops!!!!

haha u know it man! and dubs from producers always different aswell lol.

and just so ppl know if u aint looked at this software yet, it does folders at a time aswell as single mp3s...

:D

my producers dubs folder is goin str8 thru that lol :wave:

So used this program on my whole collection and fuck me what a life saver! Makes life soo ssoo much easier when playing live. Played on a Funktion 1 system on friday, loudest thing ive hit yet and fuck me i was so glad i'd used this, couldnt afford to spend time fuckin around with gains when was struggling to hear the beats in my phones! :) UBER WIN!

i've ripped a a few vinyl tunes into audacity then 320 mp3, they are showing as clipped and 90dB, if i change to 95dB (as per one of initial posters) how will this affect the file ? more parts clipped or does audio not change at all ? i did read the developers FAQ but didn't get answer really !

Back
Top Bottom