Normaliser????

Moz@Snatch?

Just got a CDJ 1000mk2 and a Serato Scratch Live - Anyone know of any software and / or techniques to normalise my tunage (i.e. make them all the same volume and frequency distribution) :confused:

Cheers

Moz

Not necessarily the best solution with a whole tune. Can make the beats really sound harsh, and empahsizes queiter drum hits making it sound wierd and crap.
A limiter might be a better solution , as this can be used to boost up your sound..... But I am no expert so perhaps there are a few others who might know a better way? :drunk:

Moz@Snatch? said:
Just got a CDJ 1000mk2 and a Serato Scratch Live - Anyone know of any software and / or techniques to normalise my tunage (i.e. make them all the same volume and frequency distribution) :confused:

Cheers

Moz

You can normalise in SoundForge, I set it to scan below -45db and normalise to ~12db but best have a play around.

I'd not advise limiting if you don't know what you're doing, as you can bugger up the dynamics of your tune easily.

Normalising will get you some of the way there but you're better off just using the meters on your mixer and also being careful on the volume levels.
You'd have the same problem with dubplates if you got big as they're not as loud as mastered releases on the whole. To be a good DJ you got to use your ears rather than just relying on each tune coming in at the right level.

Frequency distribution is something completely different and you have to be very good at EQing to do this. There's no single plug that'll do it well. You've got to make sure you're playing well produced tunes!

Back
Top Bottom