Normalisation

Radius

Full Spectrum Selection
VIP Junglist
I've been finding this function in Waves very useful for getting filter sweeps etc to the same volume, by getting the loundest loop, normalising all teh others to its peak or RMS ( depending)...I know Normalisation is not everyones favourite, but it is useful, especially if you put a filtersweep on a bassline, then change the filter type for each loop....

hows that for introvert.
filter sweep volume?? what loop, like a drumloop or a hihat loop or a pad sequence?
this 'waves' youre referring to, is that a waves plug or a host of some kind?
its a shot in the dark but maybe what youre saying is
normalize everything to the same percentage and... youll acheive volume balance?

logikz said:
hows that for introvert.
filter sweep volume?? what loop, like a drumloop or a hihat loop or a pad sequence?
this 'waves' youre referring to, is that a waves plug or a host of some kind?
its a shot in the dark but maybe what youre saying is
normalize everything to the same percentage and... youll acheive volume balance?
i guess so..waves pluggins....any loop u like .....sorry if I'm an introvert ...perhaps I am the sensitive sort ...perhaps worth experimenting...might not always sound so good, as perceived volume may not equal actual volume on meter???!!...some like the silent type eh ??? he he

i see. i like normalizing, i think it was affliction who was talking about noise floor distortion, a type of dist reached with normalization. as for what youre on about thats probably a great tip, probably works wonders for you but its a bit diffuse, plus i felt like trolling yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom