Noob to Traktor

ZackMRG

Circles are Pointless
VIP Junglist
Invested in Traktor A-10 today and literally haven't a clue where to start with it, Theres a PDF file which came with the software download but I'm finding it a little confusing right now, all I'm looking to do is make sure I've wired it up properly, got my laptop synced up with the timecodes and then be able to hear music through my headphones.

Anybody have any useful links or youtube tutorials to share to help me out?

Would be very much appreciated!

Invested in Traktor A-10 today and literally haven't a clue where to start with it, Theres a PDF file which came with the software download but I'm finding it a little confusing right now, all I'm looking to do is make sure I've wired it up properly, got my laptop synced up with the timecodes and then be able to hear music through my headphones.

Anybody have any useful links or youtube tutorials to share to help me out?

Would be very much appreciated!

I didn't use the tutorials myself. Got A6 a few weeks ago.

Download the software, it will ask you for the pin/serial number which is on that slip. takes about half hour.
If you have MP3's/Wavs you want to import, once the software is loaded you'll need to move all your tracks into track collection, and let them analyse. I had 600 full tracks to start with and it took around 30-40 mins.

In regards to the cables, turntables RCA's and grounds from your turntables go into channels 1 and 2 on the traktor box and wire up the grounds.

Then you need to connect the traktor box to your mixer, there should be 2 outs, and you should have been given the cables A10 that go from the Traktor box into your mixer for channels 1 and 2 for example.

Then plug in your USB from the box into your PC/MAC.

Also calibrate your decks...

I hate using tutorials so got on with it myself and its fine.

Setting up the software to be more user friendly was the longest part IMO. That's worth youtubing just to set up hotkeys for what you want (I for example have set up hotkeys in Traktor to flick between live input and track deck because I still mix a lot of vinyl) see the preferences, settings.

All the best Zack, not sure if this is helpful or not.

Got it all linked together now, Time codes are showing up and reading the track but the volume is coming through the mixer way too loud? Red lining even when turned up a tiny bit.

Feel like im so close, but so far! :dynamite:

Got it all linked together now, Time codes are showing up and reading the track but the volume is coming through the mixer way too loud? Red lining even when turned up a tiny bit.

Feel like im so close, but so far! :dynamite:

make sure you go to traktors settings and turn the master volume to 0db. i had the same issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't use the tutorials myself. Got A6 a few weeks ago.

Download the software, it will ask you for the pin/serial number which is on that slip. takes about half hour.
If you have MP3's/Wavs you want to import, once the software is loaded you'll need to move all your tracks into track collection, and let them analyse. I had 600 full tracks to start with and it took around 30-40 mins.

In regards to the cables, turntables RCA's and grounds from your turntables go into channels 1 and 2 on the traktor box and wire up the grounds.

Then you need to connect the traktor box to your mixer, there should be 2 outs, and you should have been given the cables A10 that go from the Traktor box into your mixer for channels 1 and 2 for example.

Then plug in your USB from the box into your PC/MAC.

Also calibrate your decks...

I hate using tutorials so got on with it myself and its fine.

Setting up the software to be more user friendly was the longest part IMO. That's worth youtubing just to set up hotkeys for what you want (I for example have set up hotkeys in Traktor to flick between live input and track deck because I still mix a lot of vinyl) see the preferences, settings.

All the best Zack, not sure if this is helpful or not.

How!!? Also Zack make sure you make the most of the playlists in itunes. its so much easier to manage your library within traktor

make sure you go to traktors settings and turn the master volume to 0db. i had the same issue.

- - - Updated - - -

How!!? Also Zack make sure you make the most of the playlists in itunes. its so much easier to manage your library within traktor

Go to preferences.
Go to Controller Manager

In there is Assignment Table. That basically shows you what key is mapped to what. Map the keys you want to "Deck Flavor Selector" for Deck A and B

You may need to setup an additional assignment to whatever key you use for flicking to live input, I have setup an auto gain adjust when I switch to live input as for some reason records come through quieter on live input in Traktor (something I have mentioned in threads before, cant be bothered to dig)

Got everything all up and running now, really liking this new tech business, getting my head round using loops is a pretty cool. Whats the best way to create playlists? More like, how to best organise them, lay them out etc.?

Got everything all up and running now, really liking this new tech business, getting my head round using loops is a pretty cool. Whats the best way to create playlists? More like, how to best organise them, lay them out etc.?

Create playlists in iTunes and it will be in your traktor library under the iTunes folder. its easier than traktors playlists

Word of warning before going deep into your library - Make sure all your files are in an organised place that isn't going to be reorganised at a later date. Reason being is all the links will be lost and you'd have to relocate every track. I've had a harddrive fail and it obviously fucked my whole library, also if you download stuff to your Downloads folder say, load into Traktor cos you wana mix them, then tidy up your Downloads to your Music folder = All links fucked.

Word of warning before going deep into your library - Make sure all your files are in an organised place that isn't going to be reorganised at a later date. Reason being is all the links will be lost and you'd have to relocate every track. I've had a harddrive fail and it obviously fucked my whole library, also if you download stuff to your Downloads folder say, load into Traktor cos you wana mix them, then tidy up your Downloads to your Music folder = All links fucked.

Yeah I was pre-warned about this one, I've re-routed all my downloads to a seperate traktor folder so I can organise from there.

Another question, I've gone and got my third timecode on the go now and I've already set up multiple cue points for most of the tunes I've got so far, I've figured out that 1-3 (I've given most songs 3 cue points- length depending) are the hotkeys for Deck A and 6-9 are for Deck B, but how about Decks C and D? is there something I have to do to switch from A & B to C & D or are there already keyboard shortcuts designated to those decks?

Apologies for the multiple questions going on here, really am green to most of this!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, As soon as I added the third timecode I'm getting low input warning messages pop up? Everything is clean and connected properly, so a little confused as to where this has come from...

You can setup your own shortcuts under Controller Manager, go with what works for you.

can't help on the low input ting except for just work by process of elimination; try that deck on channel A - Still shit, its the deck, not shit, its the box etc

hi there im having some issues with my traktor.. i use the audio 10 with 2 x 1210s and also use traktor konrol x1 to play a 3rd and 4th tune .. every now and then it will cut out for a split second and knock the tunes out of sync while in the mix and i cant figure out why .. has anyone else had this problem or know any way to fix this . i am pretty new to the whole traktor setup and any feedback would be very much appreciated. thank you in advance

Back
Top Bottom