Noob Question! Mix Recording...

Resist

I've tried using my phone to video mixes but the sound quality is shit, so I wanna do it properly and record my mixes to MP3.

I've got two turntables, a mixer and a laptop.

Cheers for any help

Its easy peasy mate (as long as you have a mixer that has a recording output)

1.Type in on google search "free recording software" and download one of the programes you find. ( I would go for audacityor total recorder

2.You need to get a headphone to phono lead. If you dont know what one of these is then look at this link: http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR194203

3. Plug that in from your "record out" output and you should be ready to start recording properly now.

let me know what mixer you have!

Last edited:
One of my mates said I can hook up the output to an audio interface, then plug the interface into my laptop, and use software to record it that way. If I did, then where would the sound come out of? the laptop?

I've got a numark DM950

Basic as fuck!

Normally on your output on your soundcard/interface ie headphone out or monitor out. Which essentialy yes is your laptop as that is what the laptop is using to process the sound.What interface are you using??

Ok yea i have seen this mixer before and as far as i know myself I dont think you can record from it becuase the only outputs are for the speakers and amp.
here is a picture of the back so other people can see if there is a solution but i dont think there is?

numdm950.jpg

Ok yea i have seen this mixer before and as far as i know myself I dont think you can record from it becuase the only outputs are for the speakers and amp.
here is a picture of the back so other people can see if there is a solution but i dont think there is?

numdm950.jpg

As highway man said: you gonna be needing these:

BMR194203.jpg

Stick those in output, and the other one in your laptop's input (mic?)...

easy as fuck :clown:

I haven't got an interface yet, I was gonna buy one, but if I can use that phono to jack lead then I won't.

I've got a mic input on my laptop I think, Its got two jacks on the front, one with a pic of headphones, the other with a pic of somethin else, dunno what it is. I'll attach a pic.

I'll have to download some recording software aswell.

Attachments

• 131220091302.jpg
    131220091302.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom