non stick pans ..

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
yeah ... one of ' them ' threads ..

ive got loads, and they seem to be failing me abit, i heard of seasoning the pan , or preparing it .. does anyone know really what you need to do ..

i mean, heat oil till its smoking, then pour out and wipe clean , use washing up liquid or not ? ..

my pans are shit ...

help zem

Thin and crispy

VIP Junglist
Put a layer of oil on thats just enough to cover the bottom of the pan, heat it till it smokes then wipe it off with kitchen roll. Don't use washing up liquid the oil will cling to it and you'll be back at square one... Thats basicaly it. it might sound a bit mingin but i don't wash the frying pan and damned be any1 who does in this household! if its dirty give it a wipe with some kitchen roll before whatever is in it has chance to dry... if its just grease/fat/oil from what you've been cooking then leave it in the pan and it'll always be none stick! btw the best none stick pan i've used was some cheap thing from asda.
ALSO don't use metal stuff in it cos ull scratch the coating off - always use plastic

D

dirty breaks

Put a layer of oil on thats just enough to cover the bottom of the pan, heat it till it smokes then wipe it off with kitchen roll. Don't use washing up liquid the oil will cling to it and you'll be back at square one... Thats basicaly it. it might sound a bit mingin but i don't wash the frying pan and damned be any1 who does in this household! if its dirty give it a wipe with some kitchen roll before whatever is in it has chance to dry... if its just grease/fat/oil from what you've been cooking then leave it in the pan and it'll always be none stick! btw the best none stick pan i've used was some cheap thing from asda.
ALSO don't use metal stuff in it cos ull scratch the coating off - always use plastic
/thread.

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
You disgust me.

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
1. Buy non stick pan thinking it'll cut back on the housework, no more cleaning up all that filthy grease and shit, amirite?
2. Read the warnings all over the thing that you're not to use metal shit in it.
3. Fuck that; scrape your scrambled eggs out of there with a fucking.. like a.. like a live chainsaw or something equally spectacular.
4. Cancer.

Last edited:

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
so, i got non stick pans , i still season em right ? .. fuck this is complex ... its a pan ffs .. altho this pan set excites me in the genital area

you cannot fuck with le creuset .. so please dont try ...

edit ... looks like Staub just did ..

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
That thing with like the waves on it is right horrible for doing bacon and eggs.
girddle pans are the boss ting, except for eggs, but i don't eat those anyway.
I've got the same one, never properly wash it after cooking meat, keeps it flavoursome. similar to never washing a tea-pot, but who the fuck has a teapot these days?

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
1. Buy non stick pan thinking it'll cut back on the housework, no more cleaning up all that filthy grease and shit, amirite?
2. Read the warnings all over the thing that you're not to use metal shit in it.
3. Fuck that; scrape your scrambled eggs out of there with a fucking.. like a.. like a live chainsaw or something ecually spectacular.
4. Cancer.
haha! on form.

D

dirty breaks

girddle pans are the boss ting, except for eggs, but i don't eat those anyway.
I've got the same one, never properly wash it after cooking meat, keeps it flavoursome. similar to never washing a tea-pot, but who the fuck has a teapot these days?
all about having a pot of tea nearby when producing, no getting up mid sesh for a brew and then getting distracted by random shit.