Non drum&bass tunes between 170 and 180 bpm

Shatner's Bosom

murder TANMUSHIMUSHI
VIP Junglist
Perhaps this is the wrong sub-forum but didn't know where to put it.

Mr. Scruff - Pickled Spider (83bpm) is a sick tune, goes well with a few dnb tunes, looking for more, help me.

A lot of the Om Unit and Danny Scrilla stuff is roughly 169-170 too.

i think of that Cosmic bridge kind of stuff as 85, you know it just feels slower, as opposed to juke which is in this tempo range too, but it feels... fast.

edit: the wording is a bit stupid, but you get the idea

Mr. Scruff - Pickled Spider (83bpm) is a sick tune, goes well with a few dnb tunes, looking for more, help me.

A lot of the Om Unit and Danny Scrilla stuff is roughly 169-170 too.

Got to say, I really love Om Unit & Danny Scrillas 85 / 170 bpm stuff + have been liking it more & more over the recent months. Lots of those tunes on Two Fingers - Stunt Rhythms LP. Checked Mr Scruffs back catalogue the other day & really like that Ug tune of his + there are alot of things labelled as 'funk' on Chemical Recs that fall into the 85 to 90 bpm.

JHSE23's latest mix below has a fair handful of funk bits that opened my eyes into looking through that genre.
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...ve-it-a-try!-x2-technics-x1-reloop-cdj-JHSE23

Last edited:
Yeah got both Scrilla EPs and the Aeolian EP in the mail yesterday, been listening to that mix but havn't gone through the tracklist properly yet but I plan to.
Never thought to look through Funk but will do, cheers

Got to say, I really love Om Unit & Danny Scrillas 85 / 170 bpm stuff + have been liking it more & more over the recent months. Lots of those tunes on Two Fingers - Stunt Rhythms LP. Checked Mr Scruffs back catalogue the other day & really like that Ug tune of his + there are alot of things labelled as 'funk' on Chemical Recs that fall into the 85 to 90 bpm.

JHSE23's latest mix below has a fair handful of funk bits that opened my eyes into looking through that genre.
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...ve-it-a-try!-x2-technics-x1-reloop-cdj-JHSE23

Safe for the heads up on Two Fingers man. Purchased that LP and listening through now, wicked stuff! Absolutely love his work as Amon Tobin and I keep forgetting to check his Two Fingers stuff, those days are over now though! Huge LP. He's doing his last ISAM show in London this month I think it is at the Hammersmith apollo, havn't been able to afford a ticket yet though and i'd imagine it's sold out. Gutting :(

Back
Top Bottom