Noistek- "The Beast" (Hard drumstep/halftime)

noistek

Comment..suggest...tip...
TheBeast.jpg

The song is cool. Tension is great. The mix sounds no good to me. Mostly in the drums to bass ratio.

Cool idea man, but the drums are drowning behind ur bass which takes up most of the frequencies.

Interesting track kind of reminds me of old dutch hardcore more than dubstep. Not my cup of tea but there some cool noises in there and some good ideas rolling.

I would rewrite that pitch bent lead synth for me its just sounds horrible and out of key.

;) Hahaha...dRumstep Rezonate...I don't do dubstep...ever! LOL (Too Slow)
Thanks for listening and taking the time to write.
I like oddly pitched "sick/ill" (literally) sounding programing. It's my thing. I understand you aren't digging that part. I def listen to a LOT of hardcore as my roommate is a BUSY hardcore DJ here in the states. I love DJ Hidden/Outside Agency/Forbidden Society/Machine Code/Current Value so that influence is there too.
I'm still working on a final mixdown/master for this though...and lots of other stuff in the pipeline so stay tuned everyone!

Sorry for my genre mistake lol! I think you are creating a whole new genre of drumstep here. In line with the rotterdam/dutch style hardcore this reminds me of, I think terror-step is an appropriate name! It makes more sense now I know your music interests...still not my style but you've got the sounds spot on for the stuff your into to.

Don't forget to check out some other peoples tunes too! Takes like half an hour to go through a few new tracks posted and leave some feedback...

Last edited:
utter filth! some dutty sounds going on in there!

not really my personal cup of tea, all of the nises etc are great, but i feel the drums get a bit lost in the mix, get those drums smacking a bit harder and this would be deadly

... i feel the drums get a bit lost in the mix, get those drums smacking a bit harder and this would be deadly

I'm in a bit of a dilema...I don't really have a regular kick in there at all...and instead, I used a gabber/distorted-type bassdrum. It serves as both the main bass sound and the kick. Which is why some folks seem to feel the song has drum issues...which it may. I read that layering kicks is ill advised or I would have placed another dryer kick on top. Most feel the snare and highs are fine, yes?
What are some of your thoughts folks?

Back
Top Bottom