Noisia...

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
I've been into drum n bass for around 2 years and i like a varied amount of stuff.. Jump up liquid anything that tingles my ears. I see everyone on this board hyping up noisa and that and i can't see why people like their shit.. it's awful theres nothing melodic you can't rave to it it's fucking boring. I know im probably gonna get a bashing but i just wanted to understand what people actually like about noisa?

Re: Noisa...

i'm not uaually into techstep, more of a jumo up man myself, but i like noisia
facade & the vip are decent tunes but i fuckin love thier remixes
sweet dreams & masochist are my fav plus the remix of messiah is tight, they also did a decent breaks tune
in all fairness i tink most techstep is un-melodic but noisia is one of the better producers imo
this is jus gonna turn into a mine vs yours dnb debate anyway lol

so i take it you havnt heard 'angel eyes'? or 'Deeper Love' under their old alias Drifter...

i personally hate the 'sweet dreams' rmx/bootleg...

and when you say...

it's awful theres nothing melodic you can't rave to it it's fucking boring.

what about tracks like 'Block Control', 'Brainstitch', 'Facade' & the VIP, 'Choke' and 'Sacrafice' with the Upbeats.....

come on man...

so you like jump up and liquid....do you dig any neuro tech stuff at all?

Techstep and neurofunk are aggressive, they fit some people's moods and tastes more than other dnb sounds. I'd guess its a question of personality.

What I dislike is when they are treated as some higher form of dnb, a natural evolution of tastes, that you're supposed to like when you really 'get' into dnb. You're supposed to go Aphrodite -> High Contrast -> Matrix -> Noisia -> Spor. Mostly by kiddies who have been listening to dnb for two years and turn into horrible snobs.

I remember the Knowledge review of Painkiller (Freestylers with Pendulum) - which had a Noisia remix. They wrote that all the online dnb hoodie warriors would predictably declare that the Noisia version was better - and the comments on doa confirmed their prediction. Personally though I think the original version was much better - an absolute pisshead track.

I like a bit of step in my car but not at a rave. Plenty of people love it though, like I said, a question of tastes. Noisia are very talented producers and what they do, they do excellently.

I'm with my baby momma because she was jigging to the Noisia remix of Voodoo People. She became a junglist then.

Dustek... you hit the nail on the head as you usually do. Thats what i was really trying to say. I'm sick of people being so snobbish thinking that because they listen to Noisia and shit they're more cultured in terms of DNB. If i hear something whether it be techstep jump up noisa or taxman if i like it i'll buy it and listen to it.. I like alot of techstep with those dirty reese basslines but most of the noisia stuff i've heard is just pure shite

i prefer the noisia remix of painkiller, does that make me a bellend?

i don't really buy into the whole genre's of dnb. i mean, sure, i understand their out their, im not writing them off. but if i hear a tune i like, that's it for me. doesn't have to fit into certain categories for me to have to like it. i like a bit of jump up while im out - if i wana go ravingraving. but i'd happily go out to a liquid night and just sit back and chill. it's just nice, dnb as a whole is one of the few genre's that offers variety across the board whilst still remaining under the same banner. there's a lot of accomodation there for everyone.

it's all about the unity man!

. I'm sick of people being so snobbish thinking that because they listen to Noisia and shit they're more cultured in terms of DNB.

Someone into dancefloor / jump up styles may not like Noisia etc because they look to get something different from the music. no one is really right or wrong.

But Nosia are fuckin brilliant and are highly regarded beacause of their extremely high level or production.

Last edited:

Noisia roxx!! DnB and their breaks are imo pretty good.

btw. As i've seen them, i was dancing all the night..! No problem with this style...

What i found that after yeas n years of listening to dnbis that you get bored of badly produced music and start to really appreciate well put together music which is why they are getting so bigged up all the time...

Thye are sick live too...
and gutterpump was a BADDD breaks workout man!

Last edited:

Their tunes are boring... to listen to and to dance too... Theres nothing to them i dont know how you can say they have such a high level of production when they're tunes are so boring.

Their tunes are boring... to listen to and to dance too... Theres nothing to them i dont know how you can say they have such a high level of production when they're tunes are so boring.

you have got to be kidding

:confused:

so who do you think has a high level of production...?

original facade is a big! tune, however recently herd them drop dubstep at fabric wasnt feeling that at all

If you are after big build ups, rolling kicks and big drops then no..nosia's appeal comes from somewhere deeper.

Nosia have sick production ie. the way their tunes sound, the quality of production is very very good. Hence why they get to work with big people outside the scene itself.

To be fair when i was 18 i would have found Nosia more boring than say TC...

Im not having a dig when i say that tastes do change over time. Like i said you learn to like different aspects of the music and take different things from it.

Last edited:

Yeah, I don't know why everybody blew their top about Facade, its a little dull sounding to me. I thought the b-side, Moonway Renegade, was much better.

HOWEVER, I developed more of a liking to Noisia and other neuro stuff after hearing some of their tunes on a proper sound system, i.e. one that'll rattle the fillings out your teeth.

Noisia are cool, and 'Block Control' is one of the sickest tear out tracks ever made, check it out man. They have awesome production skills, but I also sometimes feel like its just not my cuppa tea at all.
I don't think it necessarily has more soul or feeling in it than jump-up or other stuff, just cause its so slickly done, so I feel what you are saying about neuro-tech styles being somehow seen as a more 'evolved' form of dnb, that irritates me too. And some of their tunes bore me, others I play after several years, and sound wicked in a set. My fave tune of theirs is 'Silicon' which came out back in 2003, absolute depth.
Funny Lokki, I think I would have preferred Noisia when I was 18 more than I do now, haha.

Funny Lokki, I think I would have preferred Noisia when I was 18 more than I do now, haha.

:rowley:

you had goos taste at a young age then!! safe! lol.

Ifg you want seriosuly sick Nosia..check out their tune with BSe on the new BSe EP...

Even jammin might like it!

I stuck it on the end of a mix ill post up soon...

(Lead Us)
http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=BSELP3EP3 ..tell methat wouldnt get you rinsing hard in a club!

That is what I love about this scene and this music. It is ever evolving. The production game is getting stepped up in all genres and sub genres, and everyone has their own personal tastes. I have to agree with what was previously said, that i DO NOT agree with this form is better than the other. It is all personal preference. If you dont like it, dont listen to it.

Back
Top Bottom