Noisia || Stigma || Musical Analysis

yeah armed, why not, be a sponge mang.

Music theory is not rocket science either. 12 Notes, most scales use 7 of those 12. Scales are determined by the gaps//intervals between the notes. All scales number 1 to 7. You got some brains in ur noggin mate, should be half an hour and you know where you are with the scales and shit, hit me up if you want to learn it, i reckon I can explain it to you pretty easy. All knowledge is knowledge!

Musical theory is something you should always have some spare time to learn. I, on the other hand, never could get the hang of it, but still, I like to mess with the notes until something I think it's cool comes out.

yeah armed, why not, be a sponge mang.

Music theory is not rocket science either. 12 Notes, most scales use 7 of those 12. Scales are determined by the gaps//intervals between the notes. All scales number 1 to 7. You got some brains in ur noggin mate, should be half an hour and you know where you are with the scales and shit, hit me up if you want to learn it, i reckon I can explain it to you pretty easy. All knowledge is knowledge!

To be honest most tunes are based on pentatonics these days. Techy D&B seems to usually be one note as well lol.
It's all about Byzantine and Hungarian Minor scales though!

I'll give it a look some time, if it's about what I think it's about.

I wouldn't mind learning how to write sheet music tho; plop me with an actual instrument or device and a few synths and I can start writing stuff out from there, but I know having a clear understanding for writing sheet music would help me get compositions up and running quicker. Altho it's a whole different beast to write tunes for very technical DNB (I'd have a few ideas on how to do that w/o the instruments nearby, but it probably comes with experience too).

Knowledge of sheet music isn't essential in this day and age. Unless you're writing music for a musician, or composing a score. I can read sheet music but it takes me ages to actually figure it all out and play something. I don't really bother with it tbh. Instead of downloading sheet music to learn a song I'll just download a midi file instead.

reading sheet musc fast just takes practice, it usually comes with playing an instrument
isn't necessary but can be helpful, especially some basic theory and especially when writing more melodic stuff

also I thought the video wasn't really pointing out anything useful at all, at least for me

Thanks Sam; how do you get the MIDI for downloaded tracks? I've never tried doing that.

cele that's the original reason I was looking to learning it, but I think a mix of that and reading MIDI could be a better approach for right now. I used to be able to play a few instruments but that's while I was in elementary/middle school. The closest I've gotten back to that again is a MIDI keyboard, but it's not quite the same.

Thanks Sam; how do you get the MIDI for downloaded tracks? I've never tried doing that.

cele that's the original reason I was looking to learning it, but I think a mix of that and reading MIDI could be a better approach for right now. I used to be able to play a few instruments but that's while I was in elementary/middle school. The closest I've gotten back to that again is a MIDI keyboard, but it's not quite the same.

Just type in the track name and 'midi file' into google. Most of the time it comes up. Mainly with metal anyway.

Back
Top Bottom