Noise reduction

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
Heya! I wonder if anyone around got any good tips for noise reduction. For example I got a sample that was recorded by a headset microphone on msn. And I saved it to my computer. But the noise is horribly loud. Is there any way for me to turn it into a clean sample? I have tried with some Eq'ing and cutoff filters but without greater success :(

Thanks in advance! :)

get something like waves xnoise or something similar.

or try a compressor with settings like 1:0,5 dunno how thats called anymore. will help tho i think.

Is the noise distorted? You are never going to get a very good quality recording using msn microphone. Buy a better microphone, or place the mic much further away when recording to reduce the chance of distortion. After you've recorded it you can use compressor to reduce the overall amplitude.

Is the noise distorted? You are never going to get a very good quality recording using msn microphone. Buy a better microphone, or place the mic much further away when recording to reduce the chance of distortion. After you've recorded it you can use compressor to reduce the overall amplitude.

Yes it is kind of distorted. And I don't record with msn microphone usually i just wanted to sample a sound my friend made ^.-

Pretty much a no mate, if the noise is "horribly loud" there wont be a great deal you can do. Even high end correction tools are only meant to assist with little bits of hiss, not completely restore whats basically useless.

get something like waves xnoise or something similar.

or try a compressor with settings like 1:0,5 dunno how thats called anymore. will help tho i think.

Waves stuff is a fair amount of money, not worth it for something like this. And compression would just bring up the level of noise if anything.

If it needs extensive work to sound acceptable, its not worth using.

Edison in FL is pretty sweet for comb filtering out back ground noise, works really well if you know what your fundamental frequency, doesnt really work for percussive sounds tho. I find any thing with spectral analysis in helpful for whacking out bands of unwanted noise in samples. Hope you can fix it up, or maybe record a better on :P

Thanks for all of your help, guys! I'ts really nice that you always can come here to get the help you need! But unfortunaly i had to realise that the noise of my sample was way to loud to be able to get nowhere around useable :(

Back
Top Bottom