Noise control law

shadow_sniper

BURCHY!!!
VIP Junglist
I heard that the government were bringing in a noise control ban and got sent a petition and signed the petition...then i got an e-mail today saying that an answer to the petition was put on so i checked it out and guess what...it wernt true

We are pleased to tell you that there is no truth in claims that the Government is planning to introduce a requirement for entertainment venues to fit noise control devices.

Each Local Authority Licensing Authority considers every live music application on its merits, and decisions are made entirely by them. However, the Licensing Act 2003 does not allow mandatory conditions for live music to be imposed across the board. It would not be possible to impose such a condition without a change in the law and such a change is not, and never has been, on the Government’s agenda.

There is also no legal requirement under health and safety legislation for entertainment venues to have noise control devices fitted, nor is there any proposal.

The Government is acutely aware of the contribution that music makes to our culture and we remain committed to a vibrant and flourishing creative sector, of which live music plays an essential part.
Further Information

Back
Top Bottom