Nobodys talking about whats on everyones mind at the minute...

Sam Andreas

elderly hippie
VIP Junglist
I have not skept in 3 days.

Well, this is the 3rd day. So really its just 2 nights.

But i ate eggs
Loads of eggs

Got gas
Lil gas

Daulph Lauren

M0DERATOR
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Fuck dude that's shit hope your all Good!

Main things on my mind are debt, fifa, Cod, weed, acid, ket but I digress what's on everyone's mind?
Check out kelp or seaweed based gin. There’s also a really good kelp hot sauce

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I got hoes on my mind. I should be messing with my university papers and trying to fix my visa, but all I can think of is hoes.

I'm going to change my middle name to Hoes.

Because then lll be qaenough hpes.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
looks like he's asking himself the same question.
he does, but hey look hes 10 years her senior, so imagine if you or i had a girlfriend with that relative age difference, we would be hip as shit?

my point is that trick only works until a certain age, you can have a girlfriend thats 20 years younger than you, but if youre 80 who gives a fuck, right? so you have to step your game up, with every 5 years, you have to go down 5 starting at 30, so 35=30, 40=30, 45=25, 50=20, and you should probably stop there, you know what they do to men who are 50, drive a sports car, and have 20 year old girlfriends in sweden? they get burnt alive at the stake, that whole thing didnt even get to be a cliche in sweden, in the early 90s it was established on TV that was the typical boomer midlife crisis

edit: so i went to the shrink and then to the shops on the way home and i have no idea where i was going with this, i think i gone cockeyed or bosseyed or boss-cock on both eyes from my own corpus

Carl is a lyre. Calls me names to his friends. Watches Home n Away.
i did not, everyone uses that word liberally in dutch, its not even english, its some other language really? actually some new joker must have walked in here with a name or something because im from some religion and they dont say shit. i did not call you a "fucked up bitch", nor a "terrible fuck", certainly not an "awful bastard" and finally never ever a "really pretty mean and not so nice local character and he should take it easy on the drink and that but he sure can sing nice when he wants to, si,ng with the voice of an angel, hymns to the abyss where our lord shub-niggurath awaits".

there. see, was that so difficult?

My oldest dog tiki was diagnosed with heart failure last Sunday. Prognosis is 6 months at best and it’s heartbreaking knowing he can go anytime.
terribly sorry about this my man, if i find any good horror today ill give you a shout, ill be consuming vast quantities today, sauna and that other one is going on right now.

edit: ok so i started writing this in the morning, now im back and its maaaaaaany hours later and i didnt watch any horror todqy. life, its a fickle thing, and i dont know how im going to carry on, its incipit i tell you

William Stutter

VIP Junglist
ok i looked it up, thats a cool story. its weird but i dont like it when stephen king does lovecrafty stuff, i think he should be a strong enough writer on his own by now, and he shouldnt have to resort to lovecraft. but thats not what stephen king does, evidently he just writes whatever the fk he feels like, he has no idea whats coming next or where its going, hes just riding a crazy train and sometimes he draws for the lovecraft, and sometimes he draws for frankestein or vampires or cat people or aliens, its whatever really. youve heard of his writing method, yes? it annyos me, and i think you can see it in all his writing. an aimlessness, a randomness, an asset-flipping kind of mentality. IT is full of random shit (in the book IT turns into the creature from the black lagoon and frankenstein for example) and the fact that IT is a combination of yog-sothoth and nyarlathotep feels cheap. cheapening of my religion.

also, castle rock can get fked, i will have nothing to do with it. fking king mega-mix.
stephen king better sticks to his own depression by struggling with drugs and getting old and other earthly topics. lovecraft and weird fiction should be none of his business. "revial" is pretty good tho.
there's a first trailer of "color from out of space" btw. sucks big time imho. they just don't get it.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
stephen king better sticks to his own depression by struggling with drugs and getting old and other earthly topics. lovecraft and weird fiction should be none of his business. "revial" is pretty good tho.
there's a first trailer of "color from out of space" btw. sucks big time imho. they just don't get it.
oooh i thought you said youd already watched the whole movie haha, and a few days ago i noticed its out in january next year, so i was like huh, wonder how he did that. but ok so its going to suck then, next story is "the innsmouth horror" and with any luck the third will be mountains of madness (but i doubt it, its probably another short story)

id like to see a proper big budget hollywood production of
dagon, could be done by whoever it was that did the perfume treatment and movie
music of eric zann
nyarlathotep
dream quest of unknown kadath (maybe? would be cool to see ya dich-gho visualised)

all the stories about this and that are fine, but what we really want is one with loads of outer and elder gods and minor and major ones and deep ones and yig and mi-go and cultists, cultists, cultists, so i think the best way to do that is get st joshi and other lovecraft experts and authors within the lore to write a new story that incorporates a bunch of them. in black wings of chthulu you have some unthinkably fine works of fan fiction, i dont see why that would be a problem at all, and, really, its the only way to go.

the colour out of space is everyones first lovecraft, its the one that starts off all the anthologies, so its not strange that they went for that first,
but im very excited to see what they did with it, im off to watch the trailer now.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
ok, so that was... interesting. they cant do cosmic horror in a hollywood movie, obviously, it has to be an action packed movie about a father fighting in a race against time for his family trying to reach the church before the evil islam terrorist club "sauron boys" do, and they have a nuke planted in his daughters neck, and the timer is set to blow at 11 minutes past 9 on september 9th, 1999, but also lovecraft stuffs like dreams and star gods and monsters and that, thats also in this movie.

whatever it turns out to be, its going to be the first major studio lovecraft movie, and the first of three, whether its nick cage and the mandy team or not, so everybody just try to enjoy this as best as possible, because its not like were getting guilermo del toro any time soon unless this movie does REALLY well at the box office and in media.

William Stutter

VIP Junglist
not sure if i want del toro to do mountains tbh. it would be interesting but also very polished. and he's a great filmmaker and a huge fan of lovecraft's work, but has he ever done something horrific ? i can't remember. :/

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
not sure if i want del toro to do mountains tbh. it would be interesting but also very polished. and he's a great filmmaker and a huge fan of lovecraft's work, but has he ever done something horrific ? i can't remember. :/
well perhaps not horror horror, but all his movies are horror in one way or another, pans labyrinth for example is plenty cosmic horror (hidden world/unknowable monsters/dreary normality), i dont see who else could do it justice?

or maybe de toro would be the dream director but if the budget is good enough most anyone could probably do an ok job, it shouldnt take much to make an ok movie with awesome source material and a huge budget, should it?

there is a manga made of mountains of madness fairly recently, do you know it? i read it and... its not terribly exciting

William Stutter

VIP Junglist
pans labyrinth for example is plenty cosmic horror (hidden world/unknowable monsters/dreary normality), i dont see who else could do it justice?
yeah, true. that's a good one. but it's not scary imho.

there is a manga made of mountains of madness fairly recently, do you know it? i read it and... its not terribly exciting
manga (and also anime) is so something i just can't build emotional attachment with. do you know "grave of the fireflies" ? storywise, it's absolutely devastating. and if it was a movie with real persons i'm sure it would be hard for me to watch. ok, it's a bit hard to watch anyways, but my level of empathy is pretty low when they're no real humans. it's a bit of a shame since there's enough weird stuff in the manga section.