No soundcard, Cueing with Mono?

Gonzonian

I have a Numark Mixtrack (not pro - I didn't buy it so don't hate on me for being so foolish :D)

I cannot cue because I don't have an external soundcard, or one built into the Mixtrack.
I have read it is possible to play sound in mono and cue it through headphones whilst still keeping normal output through speakers.

My set up is Mixtrack plugged into PC/Laptop via USB. Speakers Plugged into computer through standard 3.5mm jack. I have headphones that I can plug into the computer or the speakers, but there is no output directly from the mixtrack.

I have a very poor understanding of soundcards so If you could explain in absolute simple terms I'd much appreciate it. The program that came standard with the mixtrack is Traktor.

I have a Numark Mixtrack (not pro - I didn't buy it so don't hate on me for being so foolish :D)

I cannot cue because I don't have an external soundcard, or one built into the Mixtrack.
I have read it is possible to play sound in mono and cue it through headphones whilst still keeping normal output through speakers.

My set up is Mixtrack plugged into PC/Laptop via USB. Speakers Plugged into computer through standard 3.5mm jack. I have headphones that I can plug into the computer or the speakers, but there is no output directly from the mixtrack.

I have a very poor understanding of soundcards so If you could explain in absolute simple terms I'd much appreciate it. The program that came standard with the mixtrack is Traktor.

I very much doubt that a pc standard soundcard will allow u to do this tbh, might be wrong but this is what i would of thought.

just buy a cheap souncard mate, if you're serious about mixing then it's obviously worth the investment.

you need a Virtual Routing/Wire program, there are a few about, I cant recomend one coz i've not tried to split stereo to mono like that, but it can be done, u'll have to search around for virtual audio routing / wire and see if you can find a solution

of course your soundcard might not be able to cope with it, or the drivers might not be able to, try ASIO4ALL if not

edit: yes agree, get a soundcard, you can pick up a Native Instruments DJ 2 external card for about 80£

Back
Top Bottom