No soundcard, Cueing with Mono?

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Gonzonian, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Gonzonian

Gonzonian Member

I have a Numark Mixtrack (not pro - I didn't buy it so don't hate on me for being so foolish :D)

I cannot cue because I don't have an external soundcard, or one built into the Mixtrack.
    I have read it is possible to play sound in mono and cue it through headphones whilst still keeping normal output through speakers.

My set up is Mixtrack plugged into PC/Laptop via USB. Speakers Plugged into computer through standard 3.5mm jack. I have headphones that I can plug into the computer or the speakers, but there is no output directly from the mixtrack.

I have a very poor understanding of soundcards so If you could explain in absolute simple terms I'd much appreciate it. The program that came standard with the mixtrack is Traktor.

2. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

I very much doubt that a pc standard soundcard will allow u to do this tbh, might be wrong but this is what i would of thought.

3. Cus93

Cus93 Spectrm Podact

just buy a cheap souncard mate, if you're serious about mixing then it's obviously worth the investment.

4. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

Fixed

5. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

you need a Virtual Routing/Wire program, there are a few about, I cant recomend one coz i've not tried to split stereo to mono like that, but it can be done, u'll have to search around for virtual audio routing / wire and see if you can find a solution

of course your soundcard might not be able to cope with it, or the drivers might not be able to, try ASIO4ALL if not

edit: yes agree, get a soundcard, you can pick up a Native Instruments DJ 2 external card for about 80£

6. Cus93

Cus93 Spectrm Podact

haha was thinking about that after i wrote that.

7. Gonzonian

Gonzonian Member

Haha yep I shouldn't be so tight, I'll just buy one.
    Then if all goes well I think I'll look out for some good CDJ's thanks guys, I appreciate the advice.
    Recommendations for cdj's and mixer?