NO MORE BEEF

Fratanize

Keepin the jungle alive
VIP Junglist
If you are leaving feedback on someones tune, i can say from experience that if that person is fairly new to producing like me, telling them to BEEF UP the drums is pointless without giving some advice on how to do so. If you don't know how to beef up your drums and someone says Beef up ya drums. I tend to have this look on my face.:confused:
So keep ya beef in a bap with some salad or sumthing and get technical.
Sorry, but it had to be said. :resick:

pork up your basslines... wont get technical with that, i agree though... if someone says what wrong, and what is needed , then an explanation of achieving the desired effect would be splendid ... im trying to mess with layering at the monet , but im still on microsoft paint, cant wait to get studios sorted out, then itll either be producing sessions at mine or yours on a daily basis, got excited lastnight, thinking that soon ill be able to ditch the speakers you gave me and use them as ash-trays, i was grateful though, but still ... hardly producing the fine way :lol: , let me know where your order your kit form mate so i can keep my eyes sharp, and my loan stark...

Last edited:
If you do wanna get a bit steak and chips, read Barnzee's post called EQ in the main section. Subsonicdeejays explaination is a good one and can be applied to all drum sounds.
So don;t go gettin all Ray Keith....

This is a post that hits the mark, and is especially applicable to me:S everybody says 'beef up ya drums on my latest track', fuck knows how to do it...if i knew, my drums would be beefier in the first place. The eq thread has provided SOME insight though. peace.

the feedback on internet forums is the most ridiculous ever, you make a whole tune and thats the type of comment you get, 'beef up the drums'. what about the tune then did you hear it at all, you know what i mean?

i agree though... if someone says what wrong, and what is needed , then an explanation of achieving the desired effect would be splendid ...

there are many ways to get the desired effect. its all preference and doing whatever works man. you cant just generalize an explination like this. too many variables.

try eating some beef cake. might work.

i agree thou, you spend alot of time making a track and all you get is

beef up the drums or the intro was a bit short.
or you are not following the strict guidelines to dnb, please dont be creative

WEll said darkist. OK. So there is an industry standard layout for most tunes, so djs can mix them easily really. Well i say, if they can't mix em quickly and effectivly then get out the kitchen! Sometimes the industry standard don't lend well to some dark creations.
I like the experimental stuff.
Anyway, NO MORE BEEF.
(my new catchphrase)

Very good point Frat. Leaving feedback is great but if your gonna criticize some elements at least try to point people in the right direction. So you might not want to post your tricks of the trade on line but thats why we have email. I personally will try and help people if i can or have time, right Frat?. We are all here for the love of D&B and a large majority of us produce so lets all try and be a little bit more proactive when leaving feedback. To help you all out why not try reading tutorials from the music production type of mags they are a great source of information.

Yeah. Sweet as C.Dusk.
I'm glad this post has generated a good response and i hope that we can all try and help each other. It is hard to get anywhere in producing. I don't believe in competition. There is enuff room for everyones creativity to show through. If it doesent then maybe you need to try and be a little more creative.
Peace all you grimey soldiers of the beats and bleeps.

Back
Top Bottom