No idea what to do with finished tracks

Don't know if this will help you with your issue, but just to let you know, those are the kind of tunes I would buy and play. If anytime they're released, make sure you hit me up. I really like those sounds.

Appreciate the positive feedback guys. I dont have any plans to send the clips I posted earlier to labels, I might release them for free at a future time. The stuff Im thinking about sending to labels is the better stuff ive been keeping out of soundcloud ;)

dubsta you obviously didnt even listen to his stuff mate, and that advice isn't upto much either.

Completely disagree, this isn't a playground where you pass notes around. If somebody writes quality music then they should approach a quality label themselves, ASAP. The label bosses are real people, and the majority of them have contact details for this specific reason. The label will connect you with the necessary artists and DJ's.

Anyways; all this talk is pointless!! music speaks for itself (yada yada yada)

Good luck tyrant i think your gonna do well

i did listen to he's stuff (and i think its really good...he'll do well)......And the advice i gave isnt wrong..its just advice.....i'll been in the scene since i was 14..im 36 now mate so i do have a little idea about how things run.....

Thats bollox about music talking for itself.....you could have the best track in the world but if you aint got no contacts its useless.....same as djing..its who you know not what you know......i tottally disagree with that about music talking for itself........i know three people from three BIG labels that have dismised tracks that could have been killers because the producer hasnt approached the label in the right way.....

...if you think you can just make a killer and aim it to labels and its getting signed you very much mistaken......all im saying to the guy is network and make contacts. Is that really bad advice???

i dont think theres any proven formula to getting a track signed, everyone's got there own idea's and method's.....i'm a dj first but produce just for fun ( and am about to get two tracks signed) as for dj'ing I only get sets through networking and my contacts so the advice i gave is only through my experience's

Last edited:
Absolutely loving Metallic mate. Instantly reminded me of a Mob Tactics kind of style. Would love to meet up one day (bristol massive!) and collab.

IMO those tunes are definitely label-worthy. Get it rolling pal. A free 3-track EP would be a good start.. or maybe a pay what you want ep on bandcamp. I'd definitely give you a little money for them ;)

Last edited:
i did listen to he's stuff (and i think its really good...he'll do well)......And the advice i gave isnt wrong..its just advice.....i'll been in the scene since i was 14..im 36 now mate so i do have a little idea about how things run.....

Thats bollox about music talking for itself.....you could have the best track in the world but if you aint got no contacts its useless.....same as djing..its who you know not what you know......i tottally disagree with that about music talking for itself........i know three people from three BIG labels that have dismised tracks that could have been killers because the producer hasnt approached the label in the right way.....

...if you think you can just make a killer and aim it to labels and its getting signed you very much mistaken......all im saying to the guy is network and make contacts. Is that really bad advice???

i dont think theres any proven formula to getting a track signed, everyone's got there own idea's and method's.....i'm a dj first but produce just for fun ( and am about to get two tracks signed) as for dj'ing I only get sets through networking and my contacts so the advice i gave is only through my experience's

I totally respect your opinion, but i wasn't talking about sending a track to ram records.

"bigger labels wont check their dropboxs but the labels who sign new artists quite often do, so it can be well worth it." - me

"i know three people from three BIG labels that have dismised tracks that could have been killers because the producer hasnt approached the label in the right way....." - you

i can completly agree with you if we are talking about big labels, so maybe there was some confusion about how big we were talking !! sorry for arguing mate i'm on my period at the moment! i reckon between us we made some good input

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom