Nike and DQM take the legendary Nike Blazer to the 80’s

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BeyondTherapy, May 1, 2008.

1. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

Nike and DQM take the legendary Nike Blazer to the 80’s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nike has partnered with New York retailer Dave’s Quality Meat for a limited release of the Nike Blazer Hi. Originally released in 1973, the Nike Blazer Hi is Nike’s first Hoops shoe, becoming a pioneering basketball sneaker. “This style was one the [DQM] team of Chris Keeffe, Dave Ortiz and myself all agreed was iconic, as well as being a sneaker we’d not yet had the opportunity to work with Nike on,” said DQM’s Kyle Demers.

After spending time in the Nike Design library at World Headquarters, Beaverton, Oregon, the team identified full grain leather and the classic Safari print on premium suede as their materials of choice for this special Nike Blazer. The next step in the design process saw the DQM team divide into two groups: Chris and Dave were joined by Nike designer Al Baik, while Kyle paired with Nike Design Director, Jesse Leyva. “The challenge was to see which team, taking inspiration from BMX and Skateboarding in the 1980’s, could create the best color way for the Nike x DQM Blazer Mid,” said Kyle Demers.

“When Chris, Dave, Kyle, Al and myself shared ideas, I knew there was not one winner, and the Nike x DQM Blazer needed to be in fact a collection of all three versions created by the DQM team,” said Jesse Leyva. “So that’s exactly what we did. “

The Nike x DQM Blazer Hi will be available this summer in three colorways, at select retail accounts.

JAY-Z SPOTTED WEARING DQM BLAZERS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

personally i cant stand them but there gunna be massive

each to there own ...

[​IMG]
    Part of the Air Max 95 and the Air Max Light mexican blanket pack here we have the Nike Court Force High. It comes in a mix of colors and patterns.

There is no set release date so far, good there hiddious

NIKE SB 720 Degrees Kicks

[​IMG]

Nike SB has been paying homage to the early days of skateboarding media with special Dunks that take inspiration from movie and video game covers. Two months ago, Nike SB released the Electronic Arts classic “Skate or Die” Dunks, but this month will see Atari’s “720 Degrees” Dunks.

Nike SB didn’t overlook any details with a checkerboard liner and all of the other neon colors making their way to the shoe via different panels, stitching, labels, and shoe laces. The “720 Degrees” Dunks are popping up at SB shops in May, but if they sell anything like the “Skate or Die” Dunks, it would be wise to be in touch with the spot sooner rather than later.

Air Max 90 Euro Quickstrike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two colorways of the Nike Air Max 90 Euro Champs will be available at Sneaker Bistro April 26th as a Quickstrike release. The colorways included are the anthracite/varsity red/ royal and the black/black /varsity red colorway.

Nike ACG Terra CI

[​IMG]

A new Nike ACG has been introduced, this pair is called the Nike Terra CI ACG. Keeping the ACG theme, as a all terrain shoe, and adding to the Terra CI is Considered technology.

This pair of Nike Terra CI ACG features a bright colorway just in time for the Summer; Black / Sunburst Varsity Purple. They are now hitting Nike retail accounts, including Major DC.

Nike Hi Tokyo Giant Panda

[​IMG]

Nike has made a dunk hi with pony-hair dedicated to the Giant Panda named Ling Ling who arrived in Japan in 1970. The kicks feature a black and white upper made of pony hair. No word on if these will drop and how much these are.

Nike SB Dunk Mid Moat

[​IMG]

Nike SB has joined with Barak Wiser of SPOT to release a very limited edition Nike SB Dunk Mid Moat.

Nike Zoom Dunk Low

[​IMG]

Brazilian legend “Christiano Ronaldo” is receiving a special Dunk Low. Nike was inspired by Ronaldo’s soccer cleats. No word on the drop date, but these will be going for $125.

2. Jack131

Jack131 Set Pest

They are sick, hopefully the other pair of laces u get wiv em are black or the green, reds a bit bold - but still smart as fuck :respekt:

3. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

man, i need some new kicks big time.

4. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

Some of them are looking top knotch (y)

5. YOUNG TUNA

YOUNG TUNA IT'S ME BITCHES

Going to Tokyo soon for 3 weeks and we're staying at Kichijoji. I typed that in youtube and guess what came out :teeth:

This place!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl5W9TBU7J4

Defo grabbin a few pairs bapes and some other sneackers, maaaaan I can't wait

6. Jack131

Jack131 Set Pest

I'm really feelin the SB p-rods at the minute, just stocked up on a few pairs (cos SB change the colours every season, so you can nver get ur favourates back (n))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2008