Nightmares

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by muzzadj, Feb 17, 2010.

1. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Since i quit smoking weed just over 2 weeks ago now i've been having some horrific nightmares! And i will have about 3 per night.. Last night for example i remember a part where i was tied to a massive wooden pole in some gloomy warehouse with loads of other people proper shaking and nervous and there was some crazy guy with a machete walking along each of these people taking a chunk out of their side with the machete, i was watching him get closer and closer me taking these people out and i was shaking like mad (was in a proper first person view like really over detailed and surreal for some reason) and then it happened to me and i woke up sweating like fuck with what felt like a really empty side of my body for about 10-20 minutes.

Anyone else find they have lots of nightmares after quitting weed?

And of course inform us with some of your nightmares that you can actually remember!

2. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

i always have crazy dreams, and i dont smoke weed either. just my imagination being strange

3. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

when i used to not smoke the cheebs dreams always became really vivid. it goes away after a few months.

i don't really get nightmares but after looking at pics of the harlequin babies i couldn't stop thinking about them when i woke up at 5 in the morning.

4. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Yeah its wierd, never dreamt when i was smoking it.. But as soon as i came off been having them horrifically every night.. Same with my brother and housemate who have both quit recently

5. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

I would never get nightmares just really lucid, vivid dreams that stuck in my head for days.

6. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Just strange because they are always completely irrelevant to my life.. I remember a few nights back i had one where me and my mates went to amsterdam in good spirits and survived a nuclear attack there, all i can remember clearly but it was deffinatly fucked up i remember that!

7. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

I had this dream a while ago.....I'm at a house that belongs to a friend, there are a few people around. Another friend is cutting up a fallen tree with a chainsaw. The chainsaw is extremely loud. Suddenly the guy who lives in the next house shouts out over the fence, 'Shut that noise up!'. He is a big ugly guy and he is really upset by the chainsaw being so loud.
    He jumps over the fence and moves towards my friend with the chainsaw. There is a struggle and suddenly, blood. My friend cuts the guy's arm off, and oh boy, that really sets him off. He basically started melting. We all run to the car and started to drive off. The melting guy just starts running after us. We drive up a dirt road and come to a dead end.i whisted for a cab and when it came near
    the license plate said freshand had dice in the mirrorif anything i could say that this cab was rarebut i thought nah, forget ityo home to bel-air! i-pulled- up tp a house about seven or eight i yelled to the cabbie yo home, smell you later looked at my kingdom i was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air

FUCIN SCAREY SHIZZLE

8. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

OH MY WORD! YES!
    Ok.... so, when i first started uni, 3 years ago now, i stopped smoking cos i wanted to do well at uni like....
    i hadnt smoked for about a month before i started, and about a month in, if that... i started waking up in the middle of the night, shaking uncontrolably, sweating heavily.
    IN my dreams, i had been in a savage nightmare, like people were out to get me kinda thing, nothing actual (like i couldnt say i was being chased by a bear, it was more just feelings/thoughts/suggestions/ideas of fear) but when i woke up, it didnt stop, this feeling of fear, so id turn on the lights and just sit on the edge of my bed shaking and sweating and pretty much just shitting it, i couldnt work out why the fuck it was happening.
    before this 2-3 month period of not smoking, i had smoked (pretty much) every day since college, so 4-5 years.....
    ...someone suggested it was my body and mind detoxing from the weed, and i agreed and thought this was probably it.
    this occured like 3-4 nights in a row and seemed to get worse before it got better

since then, i started smoking again but have had periods of a week or two where i havnt smoked every now and then, normaly holidays and that. but i always find i cant sleep when i dont smoke, so i carry on.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  9. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Haven't really had any nightmares I can remeber in a while but one I can really remember scared the crap outta me. Back in the day when i was small i had one about scarecrows with pumpkin heads. I have a corn field behind my house and all these scarecrows did was sit on massive stools above like, 10ft high corn and stare at my house. They didnt even no anything just watch me, scared the shit outta me. Combination of watching Signs and some Goosebumps episode I think.

Also had quite a few of being chased by something i cant esacpe. And a couple of zombie ones...

10. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

yea.. everytime i quit green, after a few days i have fierce nightmares! some of them im actually scared/sad in the mornin.. its a weird feeling... goes away after awhile, and u'll feel fine after a month..

one of the worse nightmares ive had.. was when me and my mate was on oxford road, and i said lets go ova the other side and get sum shit from that garage.. when i crossed the road it turned into a country lane, with no cars or nuffin.. when i got to the other side i turned round to see mah mate crossing a massive motorway!! suddenly a fuckin big lorry ploughed into him.. very graphicly.. felt very fucked up for a few days after that.....

ive never quit for more than a month :( alwayz say, "oh, just one to celebrate that ive done 2 weeks" and thats it.. back on it, fucked out my head...

i do only smoke after 6pm tho.. (cept just now) lol and i don't smoke fags/rollies.. just spliffs.

everyones in tha same boat :p

11. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

same :) (the time is just cos i never get back from work till 7.30, then excercise, so its normally like 8.30 by the time i smoke,... i was gonna try and not smoke this week, but i cant when i have it in my draw like. but i have cut back to one a night, i know, impressive hey?

12. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

haha, when trying to give up weed your way of celebrating two weeks of not smoking was to have a joint... I can see how that didn't work out to well for you!

13. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

Oh mate, this is weird that this thread has come up!

Ive stopped smoking for 3 weeks now, dont have nightmares as such, but I have some really vivid crazy ass dreams. Last night my dream was seeing Netsky and I know lots of other stuff happened but cant remember anymore! I think you always have these dreams, its just your memory improving when you dont so you can remember them?

I also have loads of dreams about girls, then wake up really depressed that its not true, for the first 30 minutes -60 minutes of the day. Then it sinks in it was a dream! Really weird. They say dreams can change your life. I find it fascinating and did a lot of research the other week. Its about your sub-consiense (sp?) thoughts coming out. Your body is all sleeping but your brain is still active and you have these thoughts. Also, you think your dreams mean nothing, look a little closer and you will find they do mean something. I often get a dream where I have no teeth, or my teeth fall out, and my other common dream is being in a car as a passenger and skiding off and crashing. Also have a dream where im really high on the roof of a skyscraper and I have t lie down because I feel like im going to fall, then i seem to be at the edge, its such a weird feeling

14. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i normally find its other ppl who bring me back into smoking.... if they are smoking and we are playing ps3, i am obviously going to smoke. if i am at a party after a few weeks off, and someone hands u a joint after u had a few drinks.... well obviously ur going to smoke.

15. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

i had a dream that i was fighting fictional characters on my front lawn!
    it was going really well to start with, sure i was a little concerned why the hell cartoons were trying to fight me, possibly they wished to steal my soul and rape it, i dont know, but i wasn't giving up without a fight!
    so anyway, there i was showing skeletor, megatron, bluto, gargamel and that weird midget man from the pink panther what was what when mumra showed up and really kicked my ass and fired lightning bolts directly into my sphincter thundercats style!
    Unpleased with the direction this dream was going i awoke!

never go to bed sober!

16. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i have a dream like this, i end up pushing my bottom row of teeth out with the top and in my dream it really hurts.
    i also have dreams where i fly, this is my most comman dream, but i normally fly like u swim breastroke and have to run really fast to get off the ground, and i often try to show people and it doesnt work.

i think teeth in dreams = money and flying = sex.... or so i am told.

on another note, a lot of ppl who blaze, dont dream. i have always had dreams.
    on vallium, my dreams become so vivid and lucid, i swear they are real for days on end.

on another nother note - dreams are ur brain storing eveything it has dealt with in the day, all the faces u pass on the street, all the images / video u see, sounds u hear. i once read any person u see in ur dream, u have seen in real life, but not nessecerily noticed them.

and a final note - the receptors in ur brain which block the flow of dmt to ur brain, are subdued whislt u sleep, so some dmt makes it to ur brain, and this could be why we dream and why some are nice happy dreams and some are savage nightmares (like a trip)

17. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

sorry to keep posting, but i am pretty interested in dreams and that

and

18. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

In the latest research, it has been shown that women in menopause have frequent dreams about teeth. This may be related to getting older and/or feeling unattractive and less feminine.

19. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

:D I had a feeling that was coming. Big ups Joe.

20. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Didnt dream when i went to bed blazed. Maybe the occasional boring one?

And i do what whoever said with quititng green, have a celebratory smoke after a week or so. Had one this time and havnt since which im pretty proud of!

Also i've been thinking about this for years...

How come when you wake up in a dream its always the morning and dreams never seem to be longer than 20 minutes maximum?! Does that mean you only dream towards the end of your sleep or what? Really wierd!!!