Nightmares

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Gumby, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Gumby

Gumby New Member

I don't recall having bad dreams or nightmares since I was a child. But I've had two in the last 2 nights. What causes them? Is it stress?

Nightmares are so fucking weird o_O

2. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

dreams are a wonderfully complex thing... that can be influence by so many factors, some not of our understanding yet, but things like foods, stress, REM cycles, music, drugs and other metaphysical things

i love dream listen to freud about his theories (with a pinch of salt)

3. Hombre-J

Hombre-J Currently Ballsacked

Seems to be a variety of factors really. They are particularly odd though, I guess it could be if you're subconsciously trying to avoid something?

On occasion they seem to just happen randomly. Keep you on your toes I guess. I had a set of semi-nightmares on Monday night, but I tend to dream really intensely and vividly on a nightly basis so they didn't blindside me or anything.

Having said that they weren't proper panicky ones where you wake up and don't want to go back to sleep, horrible things.

4. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Worst dream I ever had was the first night I got back from Ibiza years back, tons of drugs (think this was the major factor). Family was all downstairs chatting when I went to bed, lay in bed, without realising fell to sleep, straight into a dream, but I was still in bed, same place, same moment, still same voices as when I was awake, all that was different was the most high pitch screeching noise I've ever heard, was battering the floor to try and get my family to come up and see whats going on, then woke up everything was normal, fell to sleep back into the screech infested nightmare. Carried on for hours, kept on waking up and going back into the screech.

What did Freud have to say about that Hepz?

5. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

It can be any number of things. Stress, diet, etc. Are you eating dairy or anything shortly before going to bed?

Since ive been blazing pretty much daily i havent had a dream that ive remembered in a longggg time. Then when i stop i get extremely vivid, lucid dreams (which i really enjoy to be honest, i love dreams).

My girlfriend has crazy dreams pretty much every night. Quite often what i'd call a nightmare but she's not bothered by them :/.

6. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

possible oedipus complex?

7. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

my most common nightmares are

1: teeth falling out... and its the pressure of closing my jaw that pushes them out sideways
    2: family member death, often my brother... got mad love for my brother yo

- - - Updated - - -

actually, one of my worst nightmares (fortunately not recurring) went as such:

the evening before i had the 'mare, me and my old dear had a massive argument over something pointless and trivial, so i was super pissed off at her.

so, in my dream this arguemnt escalated and i murdered my mum (stabbing) and was like oh fuck! so i woke up, only to find i had murdered my mum, fuuuuuuck! soon i realised i was still dreaming and woke up again... only my mum was still dead o_O

after 'waking up' 3 times in this nightmare, i finally really woke up and was greatly relieved!

8. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Lol no way, is that legit, only met my Dad once and he fobbed me off after meeting. Hahahahaah

9. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

HILARIOUS!

10. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

ive not smoked weed for like 6 weeks now and my dreams have been pretty damn crazy since then. especially when ive had a few drinks. they get quite distressing at times

11. Hombre-J

If a nightmare was about someone taking a dump on a polar or grizzly member of the Ursus family, it would be a shite bear.

12. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

hate these dreams so much

although mine involve my teeth clenching so hard it feels like theyre about to shatter. Or my bottom teeth jutting out in front of my two top teeth and my jaw forcing itself backwards so it feels like im forcing my two top teeth out the roots... fucking horrible :( I have to try and force my jaw open with my hands and then I wake up

13. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

I just dream about fucking random girls from school.

Girls I ain't spoken to in 5 years. Then bam, they're sucking me off in my dreams.

I also dream about fucking people in work, and even some of my mates that I would never really want to fuck (girl mates, before anybody says anything). Ugly girls too at times. Like too ugly to fuck in real life. So I just fuck them in my dreams I guess.

I did have a really bad dream the once that my knob got stuck in the photocopier and it was bleeding and people were saying it'd have to be cut off. I was shouting for them not too but they hit me over the head with something to knock me out. But I was only slightly groggy so knew what they were doing, but too weak to fight them off. So they chopped it off. Woke up pretty much as soon as it was off. That was really scary.

14. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Why is it, when you have a bad one, and get the jolt wake up(If I wake up from a bad dream, I always feel like I have just belly splashed onto the bed), you nod back off, and slip right back into the mare. Yet some good dream where you riding a unicorn whilst being straddled by the princess out of Super Mario and wearing tomb raider as a nose bag, you wake up, why when you try to slip back into them does it not happen, or worse it turns into a nightmare on your arrival back into the dreamworld!

jsmith89 and logikz like this.
  15. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

I had this really bad dream when I was younger, I was sitting in bed then I hear something that sounds like a wobbleboard, I look to my window and there is a the figure of a man, he slowly opened my window, crept in my room, I felt like I knew this man, I turned on my light and to my surprise it was ROLF HARRIS :teeth:

In all seriousness I used to get really bad night terrors when I was around 8/9, was bullied around that age so I thought there was probably a link there but been smoking weed everyday since 16 so don't really have any dreams anymore

Borf™ likes this.
  16. Hombre-J

Kin hell man. Get some ribs removed so you can nosh yourself off already :teeth:

17. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

borf, why don't you take a seat over there?

your either sexually deprived or depraved (or both)

- - - Updated - - -

anyone ever got sleep paralysis?

18. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

yes....not cool.

19. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

I don't think it's that, I just dream about sex a lot. I probably dream about other things, but usually my sex dreams are so random they stick with me.

20. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Those wet dreams eventually stop when you grow up :teeth: