Nicky Blackmarket tune ID longshot 2003/2004 ish, possibly an oldschool tune

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
No sample to post, but the only sample I do have is on an old tape from 2003 / 2004 & couldn't find it last time I looked.
Pretty sure its an oldschool tune / fairly old tune (as Nicky Blackmarket likes to dabble it a little of this in his set + the bass is that of an oldschool tune / fairly old tune).

There is no vocal for most of the intro, then a male vocal on the intro near the drop goes "Crash, crash, crash (descending in volume eg:- 3, 2, 1)...... crash, crash, crash (again as before)...... jonny....... blaze it to ya jonny" then there is like a militant high end drum roll for 2 bars, which then ticks in with 8 solo beats with the same drum for 2 bars. Then from the drop, the bass kinda goes womp-womp-woo-woo womp-womp-woo-woo womp-womp-woo-woo womp-womp-woo-woo, womp-womp-woo-woo womp-womp-woo-woo womp-womp-woo-woo womp-womp-(then some hectic militant drums from the intro, that go like badabada-bap-bap), then repeat from the drop.

Going to give this a whirl, seeing as some other descriptions of tunes in other threads I have seen have been pretty vague & some still got an answer.

Sorry its a bit vague and thats all there is to go on. Only heard him play it in one set & never again + he's the only one I have heard play it. Tried searching "crash", "jonny" & "blaze" + various combinations of those in Chemical Records and can't find it. Would be grateful if anyone knows it / could point me in the right direction / link a video with it in on Youtube if anyone knows it.

Last edited:
sorry dunno, but... Johnny Blaze is what method man sometimes calls himself, maybe the vocal could be from an old meth track? googled that lyric with nothing though.

not much help..

sorry dunno, but... Johnny Blaze is what method man sometimes calls himself, maybe the vocal could be from an old meth track? googled that lyric with nothing though.

not much help..

Didn't sound like Method Man vocals. Sounded more like a standard male vocal, not deep or bassy vocals at all

sounds like some kind of old mampi tune possibly

Mampi is a good shout, and could kinda relate to the quick snappy hectic & militant drum beats, but just been through Mampi's back catalogue on Chemical & no luck. Thanks for looking guys

Back
Top Bottom