NICKY BLACKMARKET AND FATMAN D'S BIRTHDAY BASH - 18TH DECEMBER @ THAT CLUB LONDON

In 8 years that was the only shit rave ive ever been to...sick line up but that club really wernt made for dnb....soundsystem in dnb n jungle rooms was disgraceful,there was no atmosphere,layout was stupid,no room to skank,djs n mcs wernt even tryin,security dashin ppl outta the club for the most minor drug offences,dont think eksman,foxy,evil b n shabba even turned up n one of fatmans mates got his chain popped so he was pissed off n spent the resta the night lookin for the guys who did it.Went to their bday bash at herbal last year for free n was 10 times betta.

In 8 years that was the only shit rave ive ever been to...sick line up but that club really wernt made for dnb....soundsystem in dnb n jungle rooms was disgraceful,there was no atmosphere,layout was stupid,no room to skank,djs n mcs wernt even tryin,security dashin ppl outta the club for the most minor drug offences,dont think eksman,foxy,evil b n shabba even turned up n one of fatmans mates got his chain popped so he was pissed off n spent the resta the night lookin for the guys who did it.Went to their bday bash at herbal last year for free n was 10 times betta.

... O dear

was lackin vibes and a good sound system..like most london raves at the moment

Vibes I agree with, but some of the best sound systems in the world can be found in London, just depends on where you go ...

Without sounding typical though, I do feel a lot of "jump up" raves tend to be lacking when it comes to the sound system, and they never do themselves any favours by turning the mics up so loud ...

The thing is, this club is normally for House events, so the sound-system is tailor-made for that type of tunage, and the speakers in the main room just kept popping off and off. The bouncers ruined the atmosphere, sneaking around and chucking people out for looking at them the wrong way. You need to sort this out THAT, you was hosting a RAVE!! Mate got kicked out 1 millisecond before he could spark the zoot they'd watched him roll. Took his bag a tingz and sum beans, but got back in the joka...

Subzero didn't turn up, which was long. No Eksman, but Bassman, Trigga, and Nutcracka smashed it off. Got the rave live-o. And no Logan either actually. Was sorta glad I went to this though, I guess it'll probs be the 1st and last rave they host there. Some nice birdies as well, but unfortunately this rave didn't live up to all the hype and promotion that was done before. Still hope Nicky B & Fatman had a good time though lol, you can't stop that Nicky from smiling ay!!

werent the best rave but still was a sick rave. shabba turnt up with yardie n stormin was good, evil b turnt up and was on with taxman, foxy was on at the start with ic3 n logan was b2b with sly at the end n smashed it, the only person who didnt turn up was eksman so everyone saying noone turnt up was ethier to buzzin to remember or not in the rave. club was small but only prob i thought was they kept having problems with the mic

billy bunter!!!i mean whats happening too dnb!!!!lol!!

If you care to read the flyer properly he played in the OLD SKOOL arena.

By the way Bunter does play D&B, as well as old skool Jungle and Happy Hardcore, and he plays it well.

This guy has been in the scene since day one and deserves a bit of respect.

I don't know what people are talking about. The rave had no vibes? Either you were in a different rave or in the wrong room. Got to the rave @ about 12 but took us ages to get in even though we all had vip guestlist. As we got in Grooverider was playing a bit set with Foxy b2b IC3 sounded sick but by the time we put our jackets in the cloak room and got our drinks Fatman and some other less well known mc's were on the mic, still heavy though. Anyway Nicky Blackmarket was next, didn't like the beginning of his set (wasn't feeling his tune selection, not as much vibes as Grooverider). We went into the old skool room for a bit, not sure who was on the decks @ the time but Five'0 was hosting the room all night I think. Went back to the main room (Nicky's set was getting a lot better). Ruffstuff was the next DJ and he tore the place down (best set of the night I think) alongside Harry Shotta b2b Det. The reaction that Shotta got from the crowd was amazing, he hyped the rave up. Profile took over the decks for the next set which was good but I still think Ruffstuff was better. Shotta and Det stayed on for most of his set. Bassman and Trigga were next on the mic and Trigga tore the place down. Trigga got a massive reaction from the crowd. SDC were going on sick. Went to the vip bar upstairs to get some drinks and we ended up jammin there for like 40 mins so we missed most of the Taxman (I think) set alongside Evil B. Caught the last 15 mins of the set, Evil and Nutracka were mcing it was good but this is when the rave started to get a bit dead. The Hazard set was very dissapointing (probably the worst set I have heard him play in two years) he was alongside Shabba, Stormin and Yardie. We left @ about 5. Overall it was a good night but the jungle room was too cramped with no space to move and was too cold because of the terrace. The main room was was ram jam and hardly any space to skank. Ruffstuff was the best DJ of the night and Harry Shotta, Trigga and Shabba got the biggest reactions frm the crowd. Never got to hear Sly, Shaydee or Spyda, im not sure if they even turned up for the rave. People are saying that Eksman never turned up for the rave so im glad I didn't miss much after I left. I still had a good time though and one of the best raves I have been to, there was good vibes except for the cunt that stole Fatman's friends chain. Oh and the dubstep room was absolutely DEAD, they even stopped playing dubstep after about two hours and started playing jungle in that room just to hype it up a bit lol.

werent the best rave but still was a sick rave. shabba turnt up with yardie n stormin was good, evil b turnt up and was on with taxman, foxy was on at the start with ic3 n logan was b2b with sly at the end n smashed it, the only person who didnt turn up was eksman so everyone saying noone turnt up was ethier to buzzin to remember or not in the rave. club was small but only prob i thought was they kept having problems with the mic

What mc's were on the Logan D b2b Sly set? I thought the only main problem with the mic was at the beginning of the Hazard set with Shabba. They were recording the rave on video, so I hope they release some video/audio for us to download but I wouldn't mind paying for a dvd/cd pack.

What mc's were on the Logan D b2b Sly set? I thought the only main problem with the mic was at the beginning of the Hazard set with Shabba. They were recording the rave on video, so I hope they release some video/audio for us to download but I wouldn't mind paying for a dvd/cd pack.

sly & logan were with nutcracka, herbzie, shaydee and some else (cant remember)

Sly and logan ripped it, dropped so many sick tunes. sdc were on form aswell the whole night every time they hopped on the crowd went mad specially triggz and bassman

I thought it was a sick night, loved the outside old school arena was a really good vibe in there.. I thought that the mics over powered the music in the main room which was unfortunate, but was a nice sound level (not too bassy etc). Trigga and Bassman smacked it, as did Taxman I thought. Sly B2B Logan was probably best set of the night i'd say. Unfortunately the night for me by antics that happened after the rave but was a good rave none the less.

Are the sets up for download as yet any place?

It was a Kings Of The Underground rave and normally they release sets from previous raves to promote the next one. That's what they did before Nicky B's...

Just gotta wait and see!

Back
Top Bottom