Nibz May 2013 (ft The Upbeats, Calibre, Enei, Logistics, Amoss....)

djnibz

Hey guys thought I'd share this mix, would love some feedback as this is my first recording for a few years now. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/dj-nibz/nibz-may-2013

The Upbeats (Fourward rmx) - Alone
> Moving Fusion - The Beginning
Phace & Noisia - MPD
The Upbeats - Tangerine
Silent Witness & Plolix - Stale Habits
Calibre - Notting Hill
D Bridge - True Romance
Fourward - Aftermath
> Die - Slow Burn
Rene LaVice - More wore
Enei - No Fear
Amoss - Flex
> Mefjus - Far To Close
M Forms - Best Served Cold
June Miller - Snapcase
Calibre - Second sun
Logistics - Transporter
> Ram Trilogy - Titan

Last edited:
Listened to this earlier at work, nice and varied mix with gd tune selection and technical ability, enjoyed it very much!

Favourite bits were obviously the intro, nice n lively. Gd dancefloor vibes The Beginning complimenting Alone really well. Then the next mix with MPD is spot on, letting the mix roll on for ages (love that) and just catching those vocals from Alone underneath.

Really liked the section from More Wore > Snapcase, well vibesy with some quality mixes. More Wore into No Fear nice double, only the synth from More Wore comes through very high, but it rides along that bouncing bassline of No Fear well. Then into Flex, never heard it before to be fair but anything Amoss create is class n its a steady roller. Quick tease with Far To Close pulls the bassline down n tightens up the drums for that split second. Best Served Cold is a naughty mix, keeping that same flow through from Flex. Again keeping the mix goin for ages with Snapcase and leaving the bassline in from Best Served Cold gives great effect.

Overall a quality mix. The sections I didnt mention werent shit, its just these bits stood out for me!

Big ups man, well played!

Listening now :)

Enjoy!

Listened to this earlier at work, nice and varied mix with gd tune selection and technical ability, enjoyed it very much!

Favourite bits were obviously the intro, nice n lively. Gd dancefloor vibes The Beginning complimenting Alone really well. Then the next mix with MPD is spot on, letting the mix roll on for ages (love that) and just catching those vocals from Alone underneath.

Really liked the section from More Wore > Snapcase, well vibesy with some quality mixes. More Wore into No Fear nice double, only the synth from More Wore comes through very high, but it rides along that bouncing bassline of No Fear well. Then into Flex, never heard it before to be fair but anything Amoss create is class n its a steady roller. Quick tease with Far To Close pulls the bassline down n tightens up the drums for that split second. Best Served Cold is a naughty mix, keeping that same flow through from Flex. Again keeping the mix goin for ages with Snapcase and leaving the bassline in from Best Served Cold gives great effect.

Overall a quality mix. The sections I didnt mention werent shit, its just these bits stood out for me!

Big ups man, well played!

Cheers, nice feedback appreciate it! Wasn't to sure on the first few mixes into Alone I thought maybe I let it drag on for to long glad but you liked it :2thumbs:

me and karl just listened on stream. nice mixing nice tl, pure fire!!

will keep an eye out for the next one (y)

brilliant mix, such a great selection of tunes, full entertaining mix - first section was amazing, all the way up to true romance was just bliss - great to hear slow burn, although i did think it was an old hazard tune coming in, and i was noway ! but still a nice surprise ! No Fear brought a new element and bounced when Best Served Cold came in and tasty mix with Snap Case - my only down fall on the mix was the ending, just think it would have ended perfectly with Calibre
Iv give it a download, so will defo be checking back

brilliant mix, such a great selection of tunes, full entertaining mix - first section was amazing, all the way up to true romance was just bliss - great to hear slow burn, although i did think it was an old hazard tune coming in, and i was noway ! but still a nice surprise ! No Fear brought a new element and bounced when Best Served Cold came in and tasty mix with Snap Case - my only down fall on the mix was the ending, just think it would have ended perfectly with Calibre
Iv give it a download, so will defo be checking back

Cheers man, glad you liked it. Was the first recording I have done for around 5 years (lazy I know) so just wanted to play a big variation something that's easily listened to by family etc.. If that makes sense? Anyway thanks for feedback (y)

Cordenator & Danny have smashed the feedback already, but I will try & construct some words.

I liked the intro. Not heard that before, and it really brought the atmosphere, setting the scene + the way The Beginning was teased in before the drop, then with more of The Beginning pushing through once Alone rmx had dropped was a nice touch. Really like hearing a well chosen intro tune to a mix, as it is the first tune you hear for the ride. MPD eased in a treat for the double to work very well with Alone rmx.... the vocal of the intro tune still whispering through the mix to great effect. I think there is a tune between MPD & Stale Habits, as the tearing notes in that are quite refreshing before Stale Habits brings the filth. Notting Hill broke up the mix from the first 4 / 5 tunes, and felt like it sat back in the mix when True Romance can in, but still made for a nice blend & equally nice hearing Slow Burn in there for a tease, if a bit brief. Reminded be that I need to get back on playing No Fear as the step on that is proper stomping, Flex - Far Too Close mix was nice, even though it was on the winding down part in the middle of Flex & would have liked to hear more of the mix between those 2 tunes. Best Served Cold - Snapcase double came together well.... wasn't feeling the little minor ease off of one of the EQ's in that mix as those 2 were working well anyhow. Second Sun had a similar effect to Notting Hill when that came in. Titan tease with Transporter sat well, but not sure on the tease of the classic as the last mix in the tracklist, slightly cut a bit short on the tease too.

Quite a nice mix Nibz. There was a fair amount to keep me interested, but broken up with others than I'm not keen on. Solid mixing & the EQ-ing was up there, so all in all, a tidy little mix.

Nice one Watcha! You are right the tune in question is The Upbeats - Tangerine, can't believe I missed that on the t/l, thanks for lastening and giving honest feedback :)

Back
Top Bottom