NI Razor?

I bought it when it was half price and made some silly disgusting sounds with it. Very easy to use and the modulation GUI is sick cos it shows what the parameter knob is doing when triggered.

Well worth it imo.

very very good. use comb filter and low pass on square, rare hollowness if you get the settings right.

the only downside is no sine wave.

Razor is phenomenal. Has a very "unique" sound and a simple but beautiful GUI. Can be a CPU hog, but it's worth the hit. A worthy purchase that you'll use as a "go to."

I love it, go to it often over massive because despite its relative simplicity, it makes some deeeeep crunchy textures, and is obviously well engineered for making modern bass sounds. Like mentioned above, eats up like 10% of my cpu right off the bat.

i agree with what everyone above is saying, i was impressed with it. it's just that it was big cpu hog IMO too. but the GUI is simple to use and it makes some great and weird sounds. it def makes some very unique weird sounds but also makes some great sounds that just seem more pleasing to the ear than massive. massive and razor are apples and oranges i know, so i'm just referring to sound quality IMO.

i agree with what everyone above is saying, i was impressed with it. it's just that it was big cpu hog IMO too. but the GUI is simple to use and it makes some great and weird sounds. it def makes some very unique weird sounds but also makes some great sounds that just seem more pleasing to the ear than massive. massive and razor are apples and oranges i know, so i'm just referring to sound quality IMO.

That's it mate. Each to their own. The sounds that Razor produces is a lot more fuller sounding than Massive I find.

Back
Top Bottom