ni massive

dnbsoldier87

I kinda know my way around this now, but i just need to take it to the next level. Most sounds i make end up sounding like someone jamming on an electric guitar, and thats not the sound im going for. My usual method of trying to make a dirty "reecey" bass sound is it pitch down a combination of square/saw waves, add some distortion and mayb formant filter, to give it extra growl. then mess around with lowpass/bandpass lfo's and tweaking the curves to try get the sound i want.

I feel ive watched pretty much every tutorial on massive i can, and can produce what the tutorials are telling me, but can never find what im looking for. Im trying to get a proper grunting jump up sound similar to these, but as mentioned i usually get an electric guitar sounding noise... anyone else experienced this in their early days? If anyone could point me towards further tutorials or just explain the missing link i cant seem to find to get something like this, would be appreciated.
Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0xxObmexJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI-bQsNBq2w

I would guess that sounds like that are a lot to do with processing through plug ins but I could be wrong.

Edit I've attached a little example from something I'm working on, of a bass without plug in processing then with processing.

Attachments

• example..mp3
    430.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
safe. Ah so now i finally understand what people are on about when explaining how to make certain sounds "a pitched down saw wave + clever processing" I never understood the clever processing bit.

So in response to that, what kind of vst effects am i missing out on? I usually use distortion, to give stuff a bit of grunt, formant filters are nice too. phaser, reverb, flanger can add to a sound if used well. Can anyone name some good effects that i may have missed? or is they key just picking the right one and learning how to apply it properly to make it sound good?

Back
Top Bottom