NI Massive timbre problems

Discussion in 'Production' started by dafo93, Jan 18, 2012.

1. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Hey all. I've just made a bassline with 3 instances of Massive running in the same project at different LFO speeds. I planned to bounce it to audio, however I noticed that the timbre of the sound changes with each synth even though they all have exactly the same preset and processing applied, making the sound unconsistent and thus unusable. Here's the bassline in question with all external processing taken off:

http://soundcloud.com/switchfusion/bassline/s-8xypJ

You can notice three different timbres there according to the three different instances of Massive I have running, even though the settings / processing are exactly the same. Anyone know what's up?

Cheers

2. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

That is weird...

Are you using the most recent updated version of massive, and what DAW are you using?

3. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

No not the most recent version I don't think, I should really download the update. I'm using FL Studio 9...positive it's something within the synth itself, possibly the LFO

4. neddez

neddez Member

you've removed the default +-2 pitchbend under the OSC tab?

5. lostnthesound

Try downloading the Massive update as there could be a bug that's affecting Massive/FL Studio. Also, have you checked the track/midi automation to see if there was anything drawn?

6. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Just done that, no difference :(

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Yeah I was gonna wait till I finished this track before updating, because I thought the update may affect my presets in some way :\

7. lostnthesound

Yeah depending on what version you're upgrading to, your presets will be renamed to the format (I think .nmsv or something similar). Massive will convert all your settings...but a good rule of thumb is to definitely wait to update until the project is complete...

Have you tried creating a new project and then setting up the same 3 synth set to see if it still has the same problem? If it does, this will atleast let you know that it's not a corrupt file you're dealing with.

8. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

I have, yeah, still the same :\...I've noticed this happen quite a lot, it often restricts me from making really complex basslines...I'm sure it's something that can be solved though...somehow!

9. neddez

neddez Member

10. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

thanks for that, had a look through but still no luck! this is weird