NI Massive Problem

urban pirate

Just say for example i've got a bassline running in Massive that i'm happy with. If i load anoher 'copy' of Massive up for a lead or pad or layer or whatever it will change the sound of the original Massive. Any way to stop this? Of course i could always bounce the bassline down first but it might need tweaking later. Any help would be much apreciated. thanks

:confused: How does it "change" the sound. If i load up 2 instances/windows of Massive with diff. patches and set them to record it plays these 2 sounds. No miracle "changing". Massive is multimimbral.

lke i said it will change the sound of the first massive. not completely but enough for it not to sound right.

it sounds a little detuned/louder? Does this also happen if u load 2 midi files in each track armed with a massive and play them.

just been on another forum - could be that i need to change the midi channel number for each instance of massive.....

Whats ur DAW? I think the midi channel makes only sense when u play for example with 2 external keyboard. Now probably ur keyboard sends the midi to both massive instances same time. Try to check monophone and no unisono in massive voicing, does this change something.

It does this for me on Ableton. If I make a bassline on massive then open it on ableton it sounds seriously wrong.

Especially if there's LFO on the bassline

??? go more in detail, make it in massive while ableton closed, then load the patch and it sounds wrong??? Do u use the correct key/pitch to play ur sound. There is no way how turning on LFO can change ur sound in an other way as intended. U use 99% the wrong key from my pov

I have ableton wired to massive

If I make something from total scratch in massive then play it in ableton, wherever I play it in whatever key, it still sounds off.

It does this for me on Ableton. If I make a bassline on massive then open it on ableton it sounds seriously wrong.

Especially if there's LFO on the bassline

Do you make the patch in standalone?

If you open it up in a project and the lfo is synced to tempo, then it will lock onto your tempo and could sound faster or slower I guess, depending on the bpm of the tune.

no way to help u with so little information. load ur .ksd up, make a spectrum screenshot of ur weird sound u get in ableton, load it up, maybe u use a crack, best u start ur sound with init patch. massive works in my ableton pretty fine.

I definately don't get this problem with Massive 1.1.4 in Ableton or Renoise. Both rewired slave and masters..

I know that's not what you want to hear, sorry, can't be of more help :)

change the midi channel number for each instance of massive.....

yeah sounds to me like this is what happening...
automation and key triggering could be triggering
both instances...

make sure each midi track is using a dedicated
midi channel and def not just set to any...

Let me get something clear hear...it sounds to me like you are using Massive standalone, and then triggering it using midi signals? is this the case? surely you are using the vsti, and not stand alone..

If you are, then I think your massive has a bug of some sort. I've been using various iterations of massive, in ableton live (from version 5.2) without any problems at all. Its a staple in my tracks.

very unusual problem you are having there, I'll do some more research and get back to you.

yeah sounds to me like this is what happening...
automation and key triggering could be triggering
both instances...

make sure each midi track is using a dedicated
midi channel and def not just set to any...

My Massive is always set to "any", and I can have many instances of it running simultaneously, so I dont think that this is the problem. I've never had to change midi channels on ANY daw, in conjunction with massive. Such a strange issue. The only problems I've ever had with it, is the old "corrupt NiMassiveDataBase file...delete, start massive" problem.:confused:

i have a problem with massive vst myself recently, i have started using it regularly to make basslines, when i bounce tracks the basses there is a slight change to the sounds throughout the track, phasing through every 3-5 seconds and its very annoying, i am getting some nasty sounds out of massive now but the sounds changing is pissing me off loads...does anyone know what to do?

guys, massive has a hundred knobs, you can only guess with so little information. Load a .ksd up to see if other can reproduce ur errors.

Some general possible bugs: u use a bad crack, massive is a little cpu hungry, when u boucne complete tune, this can get a problem --> freeze the track

Back
Top Bottom