NI Massive noise only pitchbend

Boooke

Hello, I am aware that you can set the pitch on the three oscillators in massive, but is there a way to pitch bend when I am only using noise? I am using Cubase, but haven't found any DAW tools to pitch-bend like this yet.

Regards,
Boooke

I remember i red somewhere on forums that white noise doesn't have pitch,so you cant do pitch bend,but instead you can automate resonance to get similar sound like pitchbending,also i tried to record white noise and then load it as sample,and use pitch and i seems this method is working,but not quite good,or could try playing with color and combining with resonance for some optimal result!!

Thanks for the quick replies! Well I found a solution almost right after I posted this. There is a plug-in called "Pitch Correct" in cubase that I use instead - I already use the renonance of a low cut-filter to catch the most desired "ground"tone of the sound. It's not a pretty sound, but that's what I aim for, I guess :)

I'm not sure what you mean, though, lostnthesound?

hmm using pitch correct is gonna give you some pretty nasty outcomes in my opinion.
i think your best bet, or how i would do it is to send your noise to a comb filter (i think it's called comb) set the res to max and the middle dial to max (can't remember the name i'm not at my studio pc) and use the cut off to control pitch. that'll give you a more accurate & tight sound.

Hey again. I will try the comb filter. Actually a long time since last time I used the comb filter, would be fun to try it again ;)

Though Isn't the same effect just as good with a normal lowcut filter?

you cant pitchbend whitenoise because its it fills out all frequency bands equally. try to pitchbend brown or pink noise instead..

or try to notch out a bit of the frequencys within the whitenoise, export and then assign the pitchbend of your sampler. should sound pitchbended then. if you put chorus etc on before exporting it will enhance the effect. ;)

anyone know a good way to make a comb filter on logic?

Note sure off the top of my head if there is a native comb per se.

I try to emulate one by creating a bunch of slight notch cuts with the Channel EQ, and then automate the fuck out their frequency positions so they constantly move to create a bid of movement.

anyone know a good way to make a comb filter on logic?

Note sure off the top of my head if there is a native comb per se.

I try to emulate one by creating a bunch of slight notch cuts with the Channel EQ, and then automate the fuck out their frequency positions so they constantly move to create a bid of movement.

If you can, get a recent Computer Music magazine you should be able to find Ohm Force's Ohmygod Comb filter in the free plugins

Back
Top Bottom