NI Komplete 9 activation error 2003, any ideas?

MisterApe

8bit junkie
VIP Junglist
So I went out and bought Komplete 9 but I'm getting an error 2003 saying it can only be activated as a bundle.
Now I'm calling NI Germany tomorrow morning over the phone to see if they have a solution, but I think it'd be worth checking here aswell if someone has had this issue aswell!

Note: I installed it on my mac first before it died, and it gave me the exact same error, now I tried installing it on a completely brand new machine running windows 8.
I already tried installing everything (Including protools plugins I have no need for.) to see if that fixed the bundel error, which it didn't unfortunately.

Hopefully someone has a fix for this!
Thanks regardless.

There is a chance that NI put the wrong serial number in your box, there are several people that have been complaining about this on the NI forums.

Your just gonna have to wait and see what NI support say but you may need to be patient. They are not the quickest at answering queries like this.

make sure you have updated the service centre to the latest version and make sure the HDD is connected while activating, if you haven't already done so.

Good luck.

I heard you get a better response if you call them, so will probably just do that regardless :/.
Very annoying for a 500 euro product though!

That's definitely annoying. It could be that they sent you the wrong package. For example, that may have sent you an upgrade or bundle vs. a new retail suite. Also, did you make sure Service Center was updated? Try downloading Service Center from the N.I. website rather than having the program try to update itself. I've had to manually download it a couple of times.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Figured it out thanks to an email from Native Instruments.

They put a key for an upgrade in the box, and I apparently can not get the right code from them.
So I feel a weeh bit shafted.. hopefully my local store gives me a refund.

They put a key for an upgrade in the box, and I apparently can not get the right code from them.

Wow, that's ridiculous. You have every right to feel shafted, and I'm a bit troubled by the fact they couldn't simply provide you a new activation code. Sorry you have to deal with such bullshit man.

They definitely should refund you, fuck NI for that kind of response tho. If it was just a one-time packaging error the store should replace it with a new package and I think you'd be A.-OK.

Back
Top Bottom