NI christmas things

thanks a lot man, just installed supercharger. doesnt really seem like a that much right now but ill try it out further tomorrow ;p if someone tries it out id love to hear some opinions

Certainly not useless, although there's no Netsky button on it if that's what you're after??

Had time for a little play. Increasing the compress knob appears to lower the threshold and increase make up gain. Dirt does what it says in a sutle way. Punch should be labled 'spike' or 'peak' :), apparently it increases attack time to let more transient snap through. It sounds quite like increasing the attack on a transient shaper, quite snappy.
The release time which there is no control over, seems fairly short, so the compressor pumps or breathes heaps. Brings out reverb tails etc.

I like it, don't miss out. It won't do everything, but it has character. (y)

Certainly not useless, although there's no Netsky button on it if that's what you're after??

Had time for a little play. Increasing the compress knob appears to lower the threshold and increase make up gain. Dirt does what it says in a sutle way. Punch should be labled 'spike' or 'peak' :), apparently it increases attack time to let more transient snap through. It sounds quite like increasing the attack on a transient shaper, quite snappy.
The release time which there is no control over, seems fairly short, so the compressor pumps or breathes heaps. Brings out reverb tails etc.

I like it, don't miss out. It won't do everything, but it has character. (y)

I does have a bit of character, but i really dont understand why software companies make and sell one-knob compressors. The Superchargers got a bit of character, but I dont understand how they can make a decent compressor, take away functionality, and then sell it for $50.

TBH I find the punchy knob's attack is too fast and not very smooth, which makes me want to have attack and release knobs so i could change that, and the fixed preset ratio and fixed release make the compressor a lot more limited in its usability and flexibility, which is a bit unnecessary.
It reminds me of the soundgoodizer and sausage fattener in a way, which to me are inflexible one-knob plugins for people who cbf finding the right settings for their sound.

BTW the Netsky button's on the backside, you just need to flip it :teeth:

I does have a bit of character, but i really dont understand why software companies make and sell one-knob compressors.

P. sure the rise of dubstep/electro house had a lot to do with it; like, even on this forum how often do you see questions posted that anybody with more than a weeks worth of genuine knowledge in signal processing/theory would consider elementary? More often than I'd like, tbh....maybe I'm just being elitist. And, I'm not gonna name names but when there's basic questions like "why is this sample popping at the very beginning", 99.9999% that's a zero-crossing issue, and if you can't understand that then you should re-evaluate how seriously you wanna take this music engineering thing, imo. You can pick up a basic book on audio for like $20, it's totally worth it.

On-topic: Just DL'd & installed/reg'd, will do a bit of testing out tomorrow B)

Back
Top Bottom