Nexus, Desperado type sound using Massive

Lunos

VIP Junglist
i know this sound has been overly rinsed but im trying to emulate it for a track im doing for an assignment.

any Logic or Massive users give me some help please :)

Does it have to be done using massive? Because you could easily get that sound out of the ES2.

ahhh ok.

but on topic..

layer some square and saw waves of different shapes and octaves until you get the sound you want (a lil brighter for a nexus kind of sound and darker for that desperado wobble basicly), add a bandpass, search for the harmonics around the 200-400hz mark and assign that bandpass to a lfo and put that to the rate you want. i guess its like a wobble per beat or something. for further effect, add a lowpass and let that wobble too (moreso for the desperado kind of deeper wobble.)

^^ have fun

basically what groelle said. just wondered if it had to be done in massive, as i've not used it. and you can get the same effect in the es2 quite easily.

just what groelle said mon.

start with a blank patch, this will be make things easier. just zero everything and take off all the assignments in the router etc.

stick a couple of waves (as groelle suggested) on top of each other in osc 2 + 3 (leave 1 free for your sine, i.e sub bass if you wana include that.)
get a nice balance between the two waves initially, maybe pitch the up/down an octave depending on what you're doing for (an octave = 12s = 12semitones) then have a play about with the cutoff 1 and other filters to try and get the right presence to your desired sound.
in the router - assign lfo 2 (triangle, synced to the desired amount of wobble 1/8, 1/4, whatever....) to cutoff 1 and it should pretty much be there. witch a little tweaking.

play around with envelope 3 to get the right feel for the sound, and also turn the glide up slightly, so the sounds glide into each other smoothly and give it a 'whole' kinda feel. might help if your notes overlap slightly as it'll add to the whole effect.

think that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom